Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Garlic Dill Carrots

Last post Wed, Apr 10 2013 12:16 AM by LifeofRiley. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (13 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 25 2013 10:56 PM

Garlic Dill Carrots

This is a dish that I make for my husband that he really enjoys. It makes a very light side dish.

4-5 peeled carrots

1-2 cloves garlic pressed

chopped fresh dill (a couple of tablespoons or more if desired)

1-2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar

fresh ground pepper

fresh ground sea salt to taste

olive oil

Run the carrots through the food processor to make very thin slices. Place the carrots, garlic, fresh dill, vinegar in a bowl and mix well. Then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.

Riley
  • Mon, Mar 25 2013 10:58 PM In reply to

Re: Garlic Dill Carrots

Stick out tongue

Cindy ---
  • Mon, Mar 25 2013 11:01 PM In reply to

I am bunny hoppin' happy you posted this Riley. Thank you so much. I can't wait to try it. It seems like such a lovely side and I LOVE that the carrots are kept raw. They are so sweet and crunchy good that way. I honestly could serve this as a snack, brunch side, lunch side or dinner side! Now is only I had your Mom's potato salad... your carrot side... and some chicken salad crossaints... fresh lemonade and fresh watermelon. That would be a lovely meal!!! I'm going to do it, you watch my friend... smile

I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Mon, Mar 25 2013 11:12 PM In reply to

I hope you enjoy it BB.
    Riley
  • Tue, Mar 26 2013 9:33 AM In reply to

• gayla
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 5 2013
    • Posts 123

oh this sounds so good I making for lunch

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods
  • Sat, Apr 6 2013 12:54 AM In reply to

Riley, if I use another kind of vinegar would it matter or is rice wine vinegar critical for taste purposes on this one? Could I pull off a red wine one?

I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Sat, Apr 6 2013 11:06 AM In reply to

BB,

I have never used a red wine vinegar to make this dish. I have only used the rice wine vinegar because it has a light taste.

Riley
  • Mon, Apr 8 2013 7:03 PM In reply to

Riley, I bought fresh dill just for this. I also went out and got rice vinegar because it just wouldn't be the Riley same without. I also got a free bag of baby carrots today. Now I am all set! I have the PERFECT meal to make and am really excited here. I want your approval please. I am going to make a cold chopped chicken/veggie salad to wrap in my large kale or chard leaves or crossaints if I feel like spending. I would love to use the greens this way though, a lot healthier and a nice light meal for Spring.  I am stretching the wee bit of chicken from the whole one I boiled this weekend with these steamer veggies that have carrots, cauliflower, snap peas and cranberries - SO good and nice and sweet with the bitter green. The carrot salad will be sweet with a bit of bitter tang from the vinegar. what a gorgeous side and pairing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will mix the veggies and chicken with creamy poppyseed sauce and wrap in the greens with fresh cruncy sunflower sprouts, roll over like burritos and wah lah! Then a PHAT scoop of your carrot salad next to the wrap on the plate. I will plan a nice homemade creamy tomato soup to pair with it. What do you think!?!? I am one happy camper if I met your side pairing approval!

• Mon, Apr 8 2013 7:07 PM In reply to

BB,

I think you have the perfect pairing with the lettuce wraps. Let me know what you think after you try the carrots.

Riley
  • Mon, Apr 8 2013 7:07 PM In reply to

BB,

I think you have the perfect pairing with the lettuce wraps. Let me know what you think after you try the carrots.

Riley
Page 1 of 2 (13 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us