Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Bringing Spring Into Your Decor

Last post Tue, Dec 3 2013 8:06 AM by evaeli5252. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 20 2013 1:46 PM

Bringing Spring Into Your Decor

Those photos in the magazines always look so amazing and well put together. It looks hard to make a room come out that well and expensive tooThis article says it's very easy to add a touch of spring to your home.

Think Spring

I know we have all made some great finds that make home d├ęcor cheap so how do you liven it up for spring on a budget?

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Wed, Mar 20 2013 3:25 PM In reply to

Re: Bringing Spring Into Your Decor

They always make everything look so open, beautiful and amazing... indeed! Spring brings and should welcome a home light, life, openess and color.

My first suggestion is to clean those windows and open them. Let light and air in the home. Get a nice spring breeze circulating. Clean up the house and get rid of bad energy, laziness and hyberation mode. I would suggest cleaning and airing out the house before even thinking about Spring decor.

After that little touches can be made to spruce Spring things up in the home. Adding some new color and life perks things up. I personally think a simple spring space is best, nothing overly cluttered or crowded and just some nice finishing touches like things you see in this link... Flowers, plants, fresh fruit bowls out... colors... a few ton toss pillows to revamp the couch... citrus water carfes (spelling? - tall jugs for pouring drinkings)... vases... ice tea station... all great welcomes

I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Wed, Mar 20 2013 3:48 PM In reply to

One of the big things I do is re-purpose and re-use old worn out furniture. For example my husband and I have these old dressers we have had for over 10 years. They were hand-me-downs in the first place but now they are terrible but we have a plan this spring to take them apart and paint them. Basically all we will need is sandpaper, paint, and some new knobs and drawer pulls that match and we will have all brand new bedroom furniture.

We are going to match our headboard to the dressers too. ;)

Victoria Gates
    Mom of 3 and Writer

- Check out my home decor blogs in my profile. :)
    Filed under: ,
  • Wed, Mar 20 2013 4:20 PM In reply to

What a great topic!

I certainly agree with cleaning and opening the windows. And I will, just as soon as it stops snowing here and gets above freezing. LOL

Victoria; so with you on refreshing (and repurposing) older/used furniture. It's much more economical than buying new. And it doesn't have to be done perfectly, either.

budgetwise

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Ps. 139:14
  • Wed, Mar 20 2013 4:42 PM In reply to

I just washed all of the windows and vacuumed the blinds to get rid of the cobwebs. I will cut some flowers and bring them in to put on the kitchen table in a vase. I also like to polish my wood floors to get ready for spring.
    Riley
  • Wed, Mar 20 2013 8:21 PM In reply to

Washing windows & bringing in a bud vase of daffodils are things I do, too.  I used to polish the wood floors for Easter, but this house doesn't have any wood floors!

• Wed, Mar 20 2013 8:58 PM In reply to

The furniture idea is great!!!

I love changing my bedding for spring... Little kitchen or window herb or wheat grass gardens are nice too. I forgot to mention those.

Cheery music like some nice swing music is also fun to just bring good upbeat energy in too.

I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Wed, Mar 20 2013 9:54 PM In reply to

I went on the Dollar Tree's website to see if there were any non tacky items to use for home decor ideas for Spring.

Metal and mini rectangular planter boxes: for herbs, wheatgrass, flowers and plants that you can harvest and blooms in your kitchen windowsill/window spaces. They also make beautiful centerpieces transfered to the tabletop during gatherings.

Vases: they have some pretty colored and clear vases right now which are perfect for bringing in fresh cut flowers, cherry blossom stems and other flowers/plants. If fresh doesn't work then check out their floral department for their fake lilies, orchids, lilacs and tulips - both are very beautiful looking and elegant. A nice simple bouquet is all you need.

Long stem glass tea light candle holders: sosphisticated just for Spring! These are beautiful and can be used all year round. Try placing them in spots you can enjoy soft candle light as the evening closes and sun starts to set. Choose a nice relaxing scented tea light so the smell can linger around the room while the breeze is still active and windows are still open.

Windchimes: a must have for that cool Spring breeze please!

Colored plates/bowls: beautiful colored plates and bowls for fresh fruit on your countertops! Mix and match fruits to create a very colorful assortment! The catering section also has big clear bowls which work nice if you want your fruit to highlight the color concepts... If you can't have fresh fruit out check out their fake fruit, they have some fun stuff!

Tall clear carfe/jug: for serving citrus ice water and iced tea drinks, perfect decor when you have company over. Hint/tip: vases work well for this too if you can't find carfe/jugs. They are just gorgeous with fresh sliced citrus fruits or cucumber, ice and water or a homemade ice tea with lemon or edible flowers and ice.

Glass jars: for soaking/sproutings greens, nuts, seeds, beans and legumes!

• Wed, Mar 20 2013 10:54 PM In reply to

• gayla
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 5 2013
    • Posts 123

Windows are washed and pillows  are fluffy we are alll ready to move to the lake house for suncrise service at the lake house and now it is snowing like mad outside .. we have about an inch on the ground I sure this isnt good for the flowers or the sprimg onions .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods
  • Wed, Mar 20 2013 11:53 PM In reply to

Mostly I change out available decor to include as much yellow green as possible and use white vases for arrangements of yellow and purple flowers, real or artificial. Decorative candles are changed out to fit the season as well. AM
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us