Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Favorite Easter decorations

Last post 03-12-2013 12:10 PM by gayla. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-09-2013 8:28 PM

Favorite Easter decorations

What are yours? This post is prompted by our clearing out some of our too seldom used ones. AM
  • 03-09-2013 10:03 PM In reply to

Re: Favorite Easter decorations

My favorite one was to blow out the egg from the shell of an egg I rarely do it but when my middle sisters kids I do this with and the girls would put decals on it and me since I doodle with pen and papper my younger sis told me to do her a micky mouse on one egg and a minnie mouse for her too what I do with it I burn the shell very lightly with a candle get slightly dark then take indian ink to it then other indian ink of different colors to it to make the mice pictures on it then wax it in and wipe off the shell then polish it this is an old art thing they do in europe.

Cindy ---
  • 03-10-2013 10:57 AM In reply to

I like to put plastic eggs into baskets for decorations. I also usually have Easter window clings and ceramic bunnies out on shelves. I put flowers out as a center piece on the table.

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • 03-10-2013 11:22 AM In reply to

I have an egg tree  got  little decorations and such but the favorite is the wooden cross an old preiest bought us  years agbo

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods
  • 03-10-2013 3:53 PM In reply to

• lynn
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-19-2008
    • NC
    • Posts 267

Ours is a wooden cross that my late husband made. It sits on my dining room table with flowers and candles around it.

• 03-10-2013 4:17 PM In reply to

Anna Marie:
    What are yours? This post is prompted by our clearing out some of our too seldom used ones. AM

My favorite Easter decoration is the white ceramic lamb that lies on top of the piano.

• 03-10-2013 4:52 PM In reply to

zohnerfarms:
    What are yours?
    We still have lots of cute pastel things, trees with hanging ornaments and shelf-sitting rabbits. I don't dislike them, but do like the less showy ceramic rabbits. Think I would like to use one or more lambs and a cross but don't have those among the current stuff. AM
  • 03-10-2013 11:24 PM In reply to

I made a egg tree out of branches, a small coffee can with plaster that is painted white with a few bunnies painted on it, I bought some little painted wooden eggs and some little chicks. My then ten year old painted the bunny on the can for me. It is whimsical and homemade!
  • 03-10-2013 11:59 PM In reply to

My favorite is what my oma gave me its post ww2 easter eggshe said her antique egg from one of her appartments after the war she carried that along for her kids to enjoy at easter time I use to put it along with my china everything is pack and still in the barn.

Cindy ---
  • 03-12-2013 12:10 PM In reply to

I have an Easter tree ..  I collect little decorations  it set on the buffet table in our Formal dinning tree .we decorate it the kids love it

my DH made a large cross years ago it sits on the table

I love this time of the year .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us