Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Ice Cream Magic

Last post 03-08-2013 1:15 PM by AnotherBrandy. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (13 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-01-2013 6:55 PM

Ice Cream Magic

Ice Cream Magic

My daughter has seen this product that is on the market to make ice cream. Walgreens carries it for about $10.

Has anyone bought or tried one? Does this thing work?

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • 03-01-2013 7:27 PM In reply to

Re: Ice Cream Magic

Uh no never did that and I just saw this to watch it at 3 minutes I kinda like it for kids but for me its a waist of money to get Im to lazy to make ice cream I rather go to basket and robbins and make a pig out of myself.

chrissanne
  • 03-01-2013 7:43 PM In reply to

We used to make ice cream with the kids but cream became so expensive it was cheaper to just buy it.

• 03-01-2013 8:35 PM In reply to

It looks like the same idea as making the ice cream in a ziploc bag. I have done that and it works pretty good, Babs
  • 03-02-2013 11:14 AM In reply to

babsagain:
    It looks like the same idea as making the ice cream in a ziploc bag.

That's what I thought but she wants to spend her money on this. I told her it wasn't worth it if it didn't work so I am looking at reviews for her.

• 03-02-2013 7:28 PM In reply to

My neighber bought this today I was watching her shake it up pretty good did what the directions said and it turned out great . She bought it for her grand kids when they come by her town house so she had to find out how to di it right and I think she is having to much fun.lol

chrissanne
  • 03-03-2013 8:48 AM In reply to

That info commercial for it on the site cracked me up big time...

shaking is fun for everyone... LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I have seen the slushie cups like this, instant slushies... 15 bucks for a cup... LOL I look at all these things like easy bake ovens - yes they are cute and yes kid's love their own special gadgets.

I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • 03-03-2013 10:36 AM In reply to

BargainBistro:
    shaking is fun for everyone...

I am not seeing that one, myself.

My little one loves to help in the kitchen and look over recipe books with me. She has an Easy Bake Oven and a chocolate fondue type thing. She loves being able to make things on her own and while not as cheap as making it in the real stove or oven, it's safer for her to be independent which she greatly enjoys.

• 03-04-2013 12:01 AM In reply to

Her happiness and safety are important! I am sure if I were her age I'd want one of these too. If that's how she wants to spend her money it may be a fun, new and personal gadget for her! Shake on!

I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • 03-04-2013 11:05 AM In reply to

BargainBistro:
    If that's how she wants to spend her money it may be a fun, new and personal gadget for her! Shake on!

I just wanted to be sure it worked reasonably well and was not a disappointing waste of money before she makes her buy.

She asked me to check and see what the reviews said and that's a good start in smart shopping and smart money management.

Page 1 of 2 (13 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us