Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Egg foo Young cassarole

Last post Thu, Feb 28 2013 7:11 PM by sissy. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:42 PM

Egg foo Young cassarole

8 eggs slightly beaten

1 1/2  c. siced celery

1 can bean sprouts

1 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder

2 tbsp. diced onion

1 tbsp chopped parsely

1/3 tsp salt

1/8 blsck pepper

MUSHROOM SAUCE------

2 tbsp or 1 tbsp cornstarch depends on how much you want to use.

1 1/2 c. chicken broth

1 tsp soy sauce

1 can (4oz) mushrooms drained

2 tbsp green onions

direction:

Stir together all cassarole ingrediants, pour into a lightly greased cassarole diswh,bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until you insert a tooth pick or knife in the middle of the cassarole dish if it comes out clean its now done.

To make the sauce combine all the cornstarch w/1/4 cup broth. heat remaining broth to a boil into sauce pan gradually whisk cornstarch broth mixture and soysauce.  Cook stirring until thickened  and stir until smooth then add musrooms and onions to the sauce.

To serve cut cassarole into squares and serve with mushroom sauce.   Serves 6.   This came out of the recipe kitchen of cdkitchens.com...

Hubby loves this the next day and he eats it in the mornings too its up to you hope you like it cindy gave this to me this day to write to you all.

chrissanne
  • Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:55 PM In reply to

Re: Egg foo Young cassarole

Thank you for posting this. I love egg recipes. Big Smile
    budgetwise

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Ps. 139:14
  • Thu, Feb 28 2013 7:11 PM In reply to

Re: Egg foo Young cassarole

Hi Btw glad you might like this I froze some of it just the other day its ffor the dh when he gets home from the bussines trip so now he finally gets those home made goodies like this and a good thing about this its easy to adjust to your liking like cut down on the soy sauce or the corn starch to thicken alot or alittle and on top of that you can throw in bamboo shoots yum I just made myself hungry again.

chrissanne
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us