Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

I got my tax refund in 8 days!!!!

Last post 02-07-2008 5:04 PM by misskitty78. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2008 7:20 PM

I got my tax refund in 8 days!!!!

OMG it's a world record. I just checked my bank account and it was direct deposited 8 days from the time I efiled. i was worried it might be late, after news reports about the AMT and some other paperwork needing updating and rewriting. But my gosh that's smokin'fast!

I have lots of debt to pay down with it, I already sent one check out but I'll take care of the rest later this week. For now, it's a beautiful feeling, like having a full pantry! Ahhh security.

Michelle in Northern Michigan

"Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

• 02-03-2008 7:28 PM In reply to

Re: I got my tax refund in 8 days!!!!

WOW, that was fast.

DH just got his W-2s on Sat. so we will be waiting until at least next week to talk to the accountant to get them done.

Congratulations! It does feel like a full pantry, doesn't it? LOL

...and may the Lord bless us, with all we need. AMEN
  • 02-03-2008 7:29 PM In reply to

Oh, my dear Cinnamon Huskies Michelle, I am so grateful to the Holy Name that you have received this money.  Yours in Him, Deb

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 02-03-2008 7:41 PM In reply to

Perfect timing, with dh and food stamps gone.  Have some fun with the kids, glad you are paying off some and saving some.

Tracy
    Beginning Debt Slayer

• 02-03-2008 7:47 PM In reply to

Thank G'd for this blessing. Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 02-03-2008 7:48 PM In reply to

Yes perfect timing.

God sure waits until the last minute to put everything together!

• 02-04-2008 7:07 AM In reply to

Cinnamonhuskies:
    OMG it's a world record. I just checked my bank account and it was direct deposited 8 days from the time I efiled. i was worried it might be late, after news reports about the AMT and some other paperwork needing updating and rewriting. But my gosh that's smokin'fast!

Michelle, have you heard about the $300+ million dollars that was "found" at the State level?  I hear Grandholm is thinking about returning it to the eople to jump start the economy, hope so for everyone's sake.  ; )

Brianschef Michelle 

• 02-04-2008 9:27 AM In reply to

Wow, my efile confirmation says 12 days on our refund, but that's fine.  We finished the Fed and one state yesterday, plus our dd's return in under an hour and hit the 'send' button.  Still have to buy one state program to file, but we'll have to pay a bit on that one, so no hurry. 

I'm looking to pay down debt with ours, too.  Good feelin', ain't it???  Liz 

• 02-04-2008 10:15 AM In reply to

• Sue
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2007
    • Greeley Colorado
    • Posts 144

Our refund took 11 days, it was in the bank Friday like the IRS said it would be.  The only debt we have is on our van but they got two payments this month. What felt good for us was sitting down and paying all our February bills on the first of the month, paying 6 months car insurance, stocking up on some groceries, and knowing that husbands paychecks this month can be banked.  We still need to give a little extra to a couple of ministries we llike to help support.  It is a wonderful feeling to have extra money in the bank and know all the bills are paid.

Sue

http://singingaswego.blogspot.com/
  • 02-04-2008 12:08 PM In reply to

Brianschef,

no I hadn't heard that! Must be a secret LOL. Gov Granholm had such a difficult time balancing the budget in Oct., (she even shut the state down momentarily) I can't see it being returned to the people any time soon.

Would be lovely however!

Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us