Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

101 Basic Homesteading Skills

Last post 02-21-2013 10:44 AM by Juneflower. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-18-2013 7:55 AM

101 Basic Homesteading Skills

I found this by accident, but thought some of you might enjoy this list.

Read through it and see if there's anything you might add or change.

http://www.granny-miller.com/101-basic-homesteading-skills/

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
  • 02-18-2013 8:26 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Re: 101 Basic Homesteading Skills

That's a fairly comprehensive list so who's planning on starting out with one of these or starting something new. It's not too late to make changes for improvement this year.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 02-18-2013 11:11 AM In reply to

What a fantastic list -- and a great idea, too! Thanks for the link!

You can call me Anika. :)
  • 02-18-2013 7:44 PM In reply to

great site thought I printed out the shoofly pie recipe and for some reason lots of stuff printed out  bits of pictures etc. our printer is downstairs so didn't notice so had about 80 pages!  so need to recycle them somehow.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • 02-18-2013 8:15 PM In reply to

Great list, thank you for sharing, I found 18 I am not good at, or haven't done.  gonna have to work on those.
  • 02-18-2013 9:33 PM In reply to

No doubt I could put some of those to use. AM
  • 02-18-2013 11:29 PM In reply to

I have 52 of those skills, so I guess I better get going on the others!

• 02-18-2013 11:56 PM In reply to

I lived with this homestead type farm since 1977 after my grandmother died we inherited the farm we did half acre gardeniing and raised chickens to claves which I never will not raise another set of cows I got to attaach to the last two sets so no more plus its alot I mean alot of work and its expensive as heck specially feed and hay and grains and salt licks water to medicines to more other things to do I donnot like cleaning stalls anymore it was great then but over 30 years of it and gardening canning and sewing and other things on top of it i think retirement from farms is the life plus I take care of another herd called two parents to my two weenie dogs they are alot of work in stead would I do this again I think I flnally flew the chicken coop no but it was a thing to survive totally survive if I did this I got total skills.

Cindy ---
  • 02-19-2013 12:41 PM In reply to

Great find Sunshine; thank you!  A lot these skills don't apply to me in my current situation, but there is a wealth of great info on that site!  I will spend many happy hours browsing.

Carol
    western NC
  • 02-21-2013 10:44 AM In reply to

Dolores Krieger's book Therapeutic Touch has instructions for making rods and learning to dowse energy fields. My grandfather was a trained dowser of excellent reputation but he died before I was born. A couple of acquaintances and I practiced these exercises to develop dowsing skills. I had the opportunity to put them into practice on subterranean water line leaks which presented only as large expanses of damp ground. Having the skill definitely will reduce your digging time. The book is considered quackery but when my father was dying, TT would calm him down and he appeared to get better rest, if physical restlessness or its absence is considered.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us