Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Non shopping

Last post 02-15-2013 10:48 PM by zohnerfarms. 22 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (23 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-12-2013 11:21 AM

Non shopping

I seldom shop. My washer died a couple of days before Christmas and I sent my husband to buy a new one after I gave him the $ amount I wanted to spend and researched them on line.  My sister in law freaked out. How could I not want to look for one?  I have gained a few pounds in recent years and needed new clothing for a trip I went on recently. Agony is all I can say. I like new things the same as the next person I just don't like shopping for them.

How about everyone here. Do you like to shop? . Is there anyone here and doesn't like to shop?

• 02-12-2013 11:53 AM In reply to

Re: Non shopping

Absolutely hate shopping for clothes, no matter if it is for myself or DDs! DDs go clothes shopping with their father. I go clothes shopping once in three years or so, buying skirts and blouses etc in bulk so that I won't have to make the trip again for a loooooong time. I still have a lot of clothes, for all seasons, in my cupboard that I have still not used. But will, some day. I dress correctly for work, with leisure at home. My main dislike for clothes shopping might come from mychildhood when my mother decided on every single piece of clothes I was or was not to buy, regardless of what I thought about it.

I'm also not a big fan of hauling home the weekly or monthly shopping items. It's a chore that must be done, nothing else. The faster I am out of the store, the happier I am! Standing for 45 minutes in a supermarket queue is enough to make me wish I was dead. I prefer shopping in small shops with fair prices to shopping in a supermarket with coupons or member cards... 

What I DO like spending on - but can't - are fancy restaurants, vacations by the sea and theater performances. 

• 02-12-2013 11:54 AM In reply to

I hate to shop, which is a sin according to my DD. I want to go in a store get what I need and be done with it. My DD will spend hours trying on clothes. I have to go buy a pair of jeans today because I wore a hole in them I am dreading going to the store.
    Riley
  • 02-12-2013 12:31 PM In reply to

LifeofRiley, couldn't you mend it? : - )

Would save you some dread in the store...

If not, I am with you in my thoughts... holding your hand too, if necessary: - D.

Helene

• 02-12-2013 12:46 PM In reply to

Helene,

I can't repair the hole this time. It is too large and the material around it is very thin. I have been wearing this pair for quite a few years. They are my favorite pair.

Riley
  • 02-12-2013 12:52 PM In reply to

So sad to hear it! Would it be easier if I went with you to the shop (mentally, of course) and we went out for a coffee and a chocolate cake afterwards? In order to have something nice to looking forward to after the shopping experience? : - )
    (I still remember my mother buying clothes for me when I was a child/tween/teen...ugggghhhhhh!!!!!!! - Well, I did take my revenge later, and only bought French skirts and Scotish pullovers: - ))). Devil
  • 02-12-2013 3:04 PM In reply to

I am with everyone else as far as not being a clothes shopping fan goes. I do not like to shop for  them for myself or anyone else. When I do my grocery. household goods shopping, I have a plan and a list and go to the stores with my couponswith the goal being to get in and out as fast as possible. 

• 02-12-2013 3:29 PM In reply to

no..I should lol ...like thrift store shopping and sales!  not all the time and only during quiet times.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • 02-12-2013 5:41 PM In reply to

Helene:

What I DO like spending on - but can't - are fancy restaurants, vacations by the sea and theater performances. 

This, with bells on.Stick out tongue

LOL. Seriously, I don't much like shopping either. I despise the mall and avoid it like the plague. I do love thrift store shopping, of course, but otherwise if given a choice between staying home and going to Target or Walmart or any other store besides Goodwill/SA/CHKD, Imma just gonna stay home! Wink

"The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
  • 02-12-2013 6:08 PM In reply to

I do most of my clothes shopping online. I wear a common size, and sometimes by the time I decide I like something, my size is sold out. There's usually my size online. Grocery shopping is a weekly ritual, but I hate big crowds in general. Jill
Page 1 of 3 (23 items) 1 2 3 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us