Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

How to make extra money?

Last post 04-01-2013 2:49 AM by joymali. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-11-2013 5:53 PM

How to make extra money?

Not sure if I posted this in the right section or not. Here's to hoping I did. I am currently living with my in-laws, I work at a small town restaurant, and my hubby is currently unemployed and job searching. So far I have thought of possibly selling the hair bows, tutus, jewelry etc that I have made, but I have no clue where.. I have thought about etsy, but I don't know.. I have also been doing online surveys which aren't very well paying, but it's more than what I had before. I was hoping maybe someone here might have some ideas on some other ways or anything, really. Thanks for any input!!
    +The Fallen Ayngel+
  • 02-11-2013 6:56 PM In reply to

Re: How to make extra money?

Look under the couch and in the couch and look under seats in the car and put change in a coffee can and plenty of tape on it put college fund even if you are not going it helps to put change in pockets.   

And now you guys are new kinda but I just got married today at 1 pm I am at work to finish up a shift and rod had to go back to work the reception is at the temple this weekend so I am learning my self just like you are all are doing.

chrissanne
  • 02-11-2013 7:30 PM In reply to

• ogram
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2010
    • Posts 99

Below are some websites that I have saved in case I want to work from home again...thinking seriously about it as part time in the next few months as my mental and physical health is declining. 

I hope there is something that either you or your husband can do from one of these.  Good luck!

Margo 

http://jobs.uhaul.com/contact_center.aspx?jobtype=workfromhome

http://www.cloudcrowd.com/how-it-works/get-started

http://www.leapforceathome.com/qrp/public/job/1

https://www.elance.com/r/jobs/q-virtual%20assistant

• 02-11-2013 7:39 PM In reply to

Sissy, I would check the couch, but I have a 2 year old niece and 3 year old nephew who are here pretty often, had there been change in the couch... it's been found by the little fingers XD Congrats on the wedding! My hubby and I married(legally) in November and had the whole wedding ceremony done in December. So the marriage is very new. We've been living together for 2 years, we had started out in our own apartment, buuuuuuut..... life happened and we ended up at his parents. But like I always say, at least my in-laws are great. Margo, thank you very much, I will go check those out. Has anyone here ever sold anything on Etsy?
    +The Fallen Ayngel+
  • 02-11-2013 8:08 PM In reply to

Alpine Access out of denver is legit work-at-home.

Christine
  • 02-11-2013 8:18 PM In reply to

Sissy congratulations!, I wish you and your husband a lifetime of happiness.
  • 02-11-2013 8:34 PM In reply to

• ocd dad
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-24-2012
    • south carolina
    • Posts 125

selling your handmade wares is a great idea. many things are possible with the internet and the main thing is to get your product in someones face. while eBay is sometimes cost prohibitive for some, it does offer the greatest reach with a worldwide audience. list often and vary your offerings. many times, with handmade items, you'll get a certain amount of "special requests" that are often more lucrative than your common stock.

another thing to remember is that you need to put your products in as many places as possible. that way you'll get feedback on what sells, to whom, for how much, and where. a benefit to varied product placement is that if you get a sale from here so often, there so often and perhaps another place every once in a while, you've added up to sustaining sales over a spectrum of venues instead of the once in a while sale only offering in one venue.

good luck. believe in what you are doing and their will be no limits.....

work at home unmarried dad

emphasis on -- dad......the rest isnt important
  • 02-11-2013 8:42 PM In reply to

You have a lot of information to offer. Thanks for that.
  • 02-11-2013 10:50 PM In reply to

TheFallenAyngel:
    Sissy, I would check the couch, but I have a 2 year old niece and 3 year old nephew who are here pretty often, had there been change in the couch... it's been found by the little fingers XD Congrats on the wedding! My hubby and I married(legally) in November and had the whole wedding ceremony done in December. So the marriage is very new. We've been living together for 2 years, we had started out in our own apartment, buuuuuuut..... life happened and we ended up at his parents. But like I always say, at least my in-laws are great. Margo, thank you very much, I will go check those out. Has anyone here ever sold anything on Etsy?

lol that was my sister you wrote too I eloped didn't want that church stuff I was married to my dh for 12 years then seperated I think about to 11 years or 12 now we are divorced yeahhhhhh l;ike that but the way you did it is good too and yes I lived at dh's dad and mom until we saved for a down payment on a trailor house.

No for me I did creigs list.

Cindy ---
  • 02-11-2013 10:52 PM In reply to

ocd dad:
    selling your handmade wares is a great idea. many things are possible with the internet and the main thing is to get your product in someones face. while eBay is sometimes cost prohibitive for some, it does offer the greatest reach with a worldwide audience. list often and vary your offerings. many times, with handmade items, you'll get a certain amount of "special requests" that are often more lucrative than your common stock.

another thing to remember is that you need to put your products in as many places as possible. that way you'll get feedback on what sells, to whom, for how much, and where. a benefit to varied product placement is that if you get a sale from here so often, there so often and perhaps another place every once in a while, you've added up to sustaining sales over a spectrum of venues instead of the once in a while sale only offering in one venue.

good luck. believe in what you are doing and their will be no limits.....

Ocds wow I did not know that guess I learned a thing or two off of you.

Cindy ---
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us