Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Valentine's day dinner

Last post Sun, Feb 17 2013 9:28 PM by cheapskate50. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 7 2013 2:13 PM

Valentine's day dinner

Will you be cooking at home of dining out?  I am thinking of cooking at home honey glazed salmon, baked potato either baked sweet potato,steamed broccli and green beans almondine strawberries romoff for dessert.  What will your menu be if cooking I've posted mine but it's subject to change.  Please share your dinner plans.
  • Thu, Feb 7 2013 2:22 PM In reply to

Re: Valentine's day dinner

Linda, your meal sounds fabulous!

I believe we are celebrating on Wednesday due to some scheduling issues and not enough time for me to cook on Thursday after my usual medical day... so I am trying to plan it for next Wednesday instead.

I will be making a shrimp quiche. It will most likely be shrimp and artichoke heart quiche paired with a special salad that I still need to decide on. I will also be making a creamy soup or chowder. I will either do clam chowder in my crock pot or cream of asparagus. I am really leaning towards cream of asparagus though. I love using almond milk in this one, it's delicious and my Mom loves it. Dessert = pending.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Thu, Feb 7 2013 9:03 PM In reply to

We will be eating at home. The restaurants are jammed on V-day. I haven't had time to think about what yet, though. Maybe lasagna, DH usually goes back for seconds with that. Jill
  • Fri, Feb 8 2013 8:42 PM In reply to

We haven't decided for sure as yet.  Valentine's Day is also our wedding anniversary, but daughter has yet to tell me if I'm going to have one boy, two boys, or no boys at all that day, so it's making it a bit hard to finalize a plan.  I told her that if she would like to make plans, then rather than picking up GS1 that day and keeping him overnight, I would be happy to pick up both boys in the afternoon and keep them overnight; or, if she wanted to do something Friday night instead, I would pick them both up that afternoon and keep them overnight.  Hubby and I are pretty low key about celebrating our anniversary in any case :)   So Plan #1 is to take GS1 and meet Hubby at the Y, then go out for an inexpensive Italian dinner.  Plan #2 is to pick up a rotisserie chicken and some of the store's fancy pre-made twice baked potaotes on the way to pick up GS1 & 2, and fix something to go along with it at home as I'm not quite up to both boys at a restaurant that doesn't have plastic seats LOL!  Plan #3 is to meet Hubby at the Y and go wherever strikes our fancy at the moment as long as it doesn't have a packed parking lot :)

• Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:55 AM In reply to

• typingN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 12 2007
    • Posts 4

I am already in the process of preparing chicken marsala--3 separate dinners--to have here and to give to each of my daughters.  I am also preparing Red Velvet Sandwich cookies for dessert.

• Wed, Feb 13 2013 11:34 AM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

thinking pasta.. have frozen fresh ravoli or tortellini in the freezer..will a tomato sauce.  red for valentines.  have strawberries and choc dip mix ..maybe jello in the heart shaped pan I have.   we don't go fancy  between kids and dh no reason too.    plus sick kids.  so will see.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:16 PM In reply to

• map578
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 462

Martha, when the kids were home we always had a spaghetti and meatballs. My husband will be disappointed today I took out steaks.

• Thu, Feb 14 2013 1:31 PM In reply to

Would have loved to have been taken out for dinner, but all that happens now is verbal good wishes. Used to always get a specially made card, but no more. AM
  • Sun, Feb 17 2013 9:28 PM In reply to

Im just telling you all what has been cooked for mom and dad by me.

Roast beef

spinch qeich

french beans pepper bacon in it with sweet onion topping

roasted yukon potatoes for the people who hate quich

salad

fruit plate

veggie plate

chcolet dipped strwberries

keylime pie for the people hating strawberries dipped in cholet all this was done by me from my cook book I had back in the ninties when i WAS RUNNING A DELI ...

Cindy ---
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us