Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

coupon question

Last post Tue, Feb 12 2013 9:53 AM by babs. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 4 2013 9:57 PM

coupon question

I mentioned this in the daily late sunday night so I'm not sure this was seen and do need some help. Dh has been out sick since 12/31/12 and we've been eating mostly out of the pantry which has helped since we're down 2 paychecks with him out of work and not short term disablity checks yet. I want to build the pantry back up once dh is working & things are back on track I would love to use coupons to stock it but am running into a problem finding them. I look on line at the printable sites and have only found 4 coupons.com, Smartsource, Redplum & Cellfire. My problem is that both Redplum & Cellfire require a store card for kroger or other stores that don't exsist in my area. Are there any sites out there that I can print from for manifactures coupons?

thrift is a sign of intelligence, any fool can spend money

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Proverbs 17 verse 22
  • Mon, Feb 4 2013 10:23 PM In reply to

• mechanika
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 25 2012
    • Oregon, USA
    • Posts 258

Re: coupon question

Well, I don't know about any sites, and a lot require you to download a coupon printer, which I refuse to let them put their 3rd party software on my PC, but if you tell me the brand names of some of the things you want to buy/restock with (if you have any specifically in mind), I can help cast about and see if I can find anything to link here. Sorry I don't know of any direct sites except maybe the ones straight from the manufacturer.

You can call me Anika. :)
  • Mon, Feb 4 2013 10:36 PM In reply to

nanagain2000:

I mentioned this in the daily late sunday night so I'm not sure this was seen and do need some help. Dh has been out sick since 12/31/12 and we've been eating mostly out of the pantry which has helped since we're down 2 paychecks with him out of work and not short term disablity checks yet. I want to build the pantry back up once dh is working & things are back on track I would love to use coupons to stock it but am running into a problem finding them. I look on line at the printable sites and have only found 4 coupons.com, Smartsource, Redplum & Cellfire. My problem is that both Redplum & Cellfire require a store card for kroger or other stores that don't exsist in my area. Are there any sites out there that I can print from for manifactures coupons?

Hi Nana...I see you are located in central NY, that means that surely there is a Wal-Mart somewhere in your proximity. Have you gotten familiar with their price-matching policy? I have saved a bunch of money taking sales flyers from competitors (either those that come in the paper or what I print from online) to Wal-Mart.

Just to make sure that I don't waste my time I go to the service desk first and talk to the clerk. When I show her the ads she/he can let me know if the store will match the competitor's price. If they don't have a brand name item, they will subsitute their house brand for the sale price.

It's really worth the effort for all the money you can save.

One thing they do NOT do is BOGO. The item has to have a specific price listed.

Here is a link to their current ad match policy:

http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee 

budgetwise

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Ps. 139:14
  • Tue, Feb 5 2013 7:46 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

I suggest contacting companies of the products you want and asking them if they have coupons available. Some will mail them to you and they often are of a higher value found in the newspapers and online.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Tue, Feb 5 2013 8:12 AM In reply to

• jcrmom
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 24 2008
    • Posts 904

I buy a Sunday paper to get coupons every week but they are $3 each here. I am not sure what type of area you live in but you may want to ask people you know if they have coupons that they dont want. Our local library saves the coupons for a friend of mine and lets her have them. The dollar store also saves them out of the Sunday paper. I know of some who get them from people  they attend church with or parents in their child's cub scout pack.

I have e mailed companies and had them send me coupons in the mail before too but I dont do that very often

• Tue, Feb 5 2013 8:13 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

jcrmom:
    have e mailed companies and had them send me coupons in the mail before too but I dont do that very often

Many have a policy of only sending out one (or a packet) a year to a customer but for stocking up, it helps.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Tue, Feb 5 2013 6:51 PM In reply to

Nan ... there's also couponnetwork.com that has printable coupons.  Smartsource runs off Java, so you don't have to download anything to your computer.

What stores do you have in your area?  Do they have coupons that can be loaded to your loyalty card?

Another thought ... you can sign up to get email newsletters (many of which include coupons) from many companies (Scott tissues and Kelloggs come to mind).  Just go to their web sites.  Proctor & Gamble's "Have you tried this" promotion also sends out coupons (and samples) to those who sign up.

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
  • Tue, Feb 5 2013 7:03 PM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Betty Crocker is another one to sign up on thier website. Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Wed, Feb 6 2013 12:47 PM In reply to

I am getting coupons out of the sunday paper along with talking my cousin out of hers but most of the time I can only get 1 or 2 of the same thing. I have go on line to print out some of what I need. I can never seem to find any for Ragu sauce, Peter Pan peanut butter, Sauve  things like that. When I go on line and google those companies + coupons I get routed back to the same print your own sites. Either the coupons are no longer offered or they are stores that are in the south so I can't get them.

One of the reasons I'm trying to find several sites is the stores in my area are offering some great loss leaders. This week ceral (big G, Kelloggs, Post& store brand) are 4/$10 if you buy 12 boxes you can also get up $.60 a gallon off the gas they offer. I have a few coupons for $.75 off a box or $.50 off a box and some for @1 off a box (the stores up here don't double coupons over $.99) which will help lower the grocery bill a little more.

thrift is a sign of intelligence, any fool can spend money

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Proverbs 17 verse 22
  • Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:16 PM In reply to

What about a site where you can buy them (aka pay a clipping fee)? Yes, it's a little money out but you'd be able to get several of the Qs you're looking for and the savings will outweigh the little you pay. Maybe someone else can jump in. I'm drawing a blank on the name of the more popular site that does this.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us