Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Saying I Love You on a Budget

Last post Wed, Jan 30 2013 11:52 AM by Chrallen. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (21 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 23 2013 1:41 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Saying I Love You on a Budget

Some have very tight budgets so how can you say I love you without spending much money?

Share your ideas!

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Wed, Jan 23 2013 2:30 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

Re: Saying I Love You on a Budget

make heart waffles ...   I make heart cupkcake no special pan needed stick a marble in a cupsake pan between paper liner and pan  ...  

I always sent him a card  and I always tell him  I choise him again

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Wed, Jan 23 2013 3:08 PM In reply to

gayla50:

make heart waffles ...   I make heart cupkcake no special pan needed stick a marble in a cupsake pan between paper liner and pan  ...  

I always sent him a card  and I always tell him  I choise him again

What a clever idea Gayla!!!
  • Wed, Jan 23 2013 3:10 PM In reply to

Silly, money can't buy love or truly show it. The best way to say I love you is to just say it!!! and if you are with the person then give them a huge hug while you do it... now that's a great I love you!

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Wed, Jan 23 2013 3:21 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Posts 25,145

BargainBinge:
    e best way to say I love you is to just say it!!!

But for those of us that hear it everyday; a special effort from time to time is very appreciated. Something romantic or something that allows us to focus on being a couple or whatever the relationship is allows bonds to be strengthened or even renewed.

• Wed, Jan 23 2013 3:40 PM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

DH always tells me he loves me,  but vacuuming the floors, WOW - now that's romantic!  Just makes me feel all warm and cozy inside.  Especially because I know how hard it is for him as his legs are affected by MD.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • Wed, Jan 23 2013 3:47 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Posts 25,145

grame:
    t vacuuming the floors, WOW - now that's romantic! 

We each define that differently, don't we?

I am not into diamonds, roses and elegant dinner but time put aside by my husband to spend with me really is romantic to me. It's the effort that says I do care.

• Wed, Jan 23 2013 4:45 PM In reply to

A  nice quiet evening with a favorite home cooked meal served by candlelight and cuddle up together on the couch to watch a movie afterwards. Maybe a picnic lunch at the park or beach or living room floor.
    Riley
  • Wed, Jan 23 2013 4:53 PM In reply to

• mechanika
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 25 2012
    • Oregon, USA
    • Posts 258

Doing things like warming up the car for your S.O. on a cold winter morning before they go to work. It's a small creature comfort, but the difference between getting into a freezing car (with ice on the windows) and having to wait for it to warm up, versus getting into a warmed, de-iced, ready-to-go car is ... paradise!

You can call me Anika. :)
  • Wed, Jan 23 2013 5:38 PM In reply to

• jcrmom
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 24 2008
    • Posts 904

I think that everyone has a talent they can use to say I Love You. I always loved make a special meal for my late to DH or he would surprise me with breakfast in bed. He loved to write and I have several poems he wrote for me over the years. Things like that are irreplacable and I cherish the envelope of poetry I have. 

Page 1 of 3 (21 items) 1 2 3 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us