Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Dealing With Spam and Problems in the Forums

Last post 01-25-2013 8:48 AM by Brandy. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-23-2013 9:11 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Dealing With Spam and Problems in the Forums

With this stream of spam on the forums; I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you who are keeping the forums humming with discussion and information. Great job!

Spam happens everywhere on the internet. First you have to protect yourself and be careful of what links you click on no matter where you are. Looks suspicious? Don't click to open it. We try to get rid of it as quickly as we can but a moderator with the edit functions for that forum has to be available to delete it. 

So what happens if you do catch the spam or a post that goes against our community rules? Please don't respond to it. That actually can make it harder to pick out in the list of 100 or more posts we are scanning through. Look down in the right hand corner for the ability to report a post. Please use that function. I do check for those reports to see if anyone has found an issue I haven't seen before I look for them myself.

And spammers, please be aware that no one here is clicking your links. You will be found, deleted and banned. Don't bother posting.

Thank you all for making the Dollar Stretcher a great community.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 01-23-2013 11:18 AM In reply to

• ocd dad
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-24-2012
    • south carolina
    • Posts 125

Re: Dealing With Spam and Problems in the Forums

yeah what she said........(standing beside brandy with laptop in hand and chest poked out)
    work at home unmarried dad

emphasis on -- dad......the rest isnt important
  • 01-23-2013 7:07 PM In reply to

I wish I could offer my assistance, Brandy. I just know that my own posting & browsing time is fairly limited, especially when my semesters are in session.
    Mama to a teen and a preschooler KINDERGARTENER!! -- oh, the fun! Also co-parenting 3 other awesome kids. :)
  • 01-23-2013 7:11 PM In reply to

Brandy, I did receive your PM but can find no evidence that I responded. I did, affirmatively. AM
  • 01-23-2013 7:15 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

It has probably gotten eaten, Anna, no worries.

• 01-23-2013 7:52 PM In reply to

OK, so when there's a nonsense, not frugally relevant post with link(s) to who knows what, how should I deal with it? Thanks, Anna Marie
  • 01-25-2013 8:39 AM In reply to

The entire "Dollar Stretcher" sub-forum under "People Helping People" needs to be cleaned out. This is getting ridiculous.

• 01-25-2013 8:48 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

I am out of the house today  but trying to get this mess cleaned up before I have to run for the day.

They know when we are busy, I tell ya.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us