Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Bread recipes

Last post Fri, Mar 8 2013 8:03 PM by gayla. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (13 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:45 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Bread recipes

Since we are talking about how to make bread, I am sharing some bread recipes I found on the web. Hope you enjoy this, maybe with a nice warm soup.

Allrecipes

Food network's bread recipes

Betty Crocker's bread recipes

Share your own favorites!

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:19 AM In reply to

Re: Bread recipes

Bumping up the bread.

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:52 AM In reply to

I don't have an online link, but for anyone looking to make homemade bread that is intimidated by the kneading process, I highly recommend the book Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day. It is a wet dough method that requires no kneading, just mixing the ingredients and allowing it to rise. Then the large batch of dough can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks depending on the recipe used and baked as needed. It does actually take more than 5 minutes, the idea is only 5 minutes of active work at a time. They don't count in the rise time as work time, since you're free to attend to other things. It's great for working families, mix up a batch on the weekend and then have the dough ready all week for a quick and tasty loaf.
    Kris in VA
  • Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:57 AM In reply to

• Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:14 AM In reply to

Hi Br\RANDY. tHanks for thse reciepies. I love homemade bread and I  am always looking for new recipiies. I will try thses ,they look very good.

Jakiepoo
  • Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:23 AM In reply to

Yep, that's the link Brandy! We're big fans of the vermont cheddar bread recipe. Yummy!
    Kris in VA
  • Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:04 PM In reply to

PurpledSilver:
    We're big fans of the vermont cheddar bread recipe.

That sounds interesting. I will need to see if I can find the book myself.

• Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:09 PM In reply to

this baking break I never was good at it but love it when someone else makes it..Stick out tongue

chrissanne
  • Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:04 PM In reply to

Baking bread is not hard but you have to start with a basic and forgiving recipe.

• Fri, Mar 8 2013 12:45 PM In reply to

King Arthur Flour website has lots of different bread recipes. Some are just for bread machines too.  www.kingarthurflour.com  Babs
Page 1 of 2 (13 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us