Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Soap Scraps

Last post Fri, Jan 11 2013 9:49 AM by jillibean. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 10 2013 8:39 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Soap Scraps

I know you frugalites have ideas! So what do you do with your soap scraps?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Thu, Jan 10 2013 8:44 PM In reply to

Re: Soap Scraps

I have a soap saver that I put my scraps into until it is full, then I use it in the shower.

I bought it at Walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/Exfoliating-Bar-Soap-Pouch/14648342

• Thu, Jan 10 2013 8:47 PM In reply to

• mechanika
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2012
    • Oregon, USA
    • Posts 258

I take a really coarse wash cloth, wet it thoroughly, put in some bar soap scraps and wrap it like a scouring pad, then use it to scrub the ring around the tub. Then I just throw it in the laundry when I'm done. If it's a hot (whites) wash, and you don't use too many slivers (guess how I found THAT out...), then it will dissolve in the wash just fine. :)

You can call me Anika. :)
  • Thu, Jan 10 2013 10:26 PM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

I add mine to a jar with some water, leaving plenty of shake room and leave it by the outdoor spigot for washing hands and feet after I've been in the garden.  Concentrated so it really works well.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • Thu, Jan 10 2013 10:32 PM In reply to

Finding a soap making video to learn how to use the soap scraps to make other things.

My favorite picture network site :
    lovehobbycraft

beautiful pictures

• Thu, Jan 10 2013 11:44 PM In reply to

I do I do I do Im the one raising my hand jumping up and down in the back ground.  Yes cut the soap scraps up and boil a cup of water or 2 cups then put a cup of silvers in it and boil it down I think it ttakes 5 or 10 minutes for that and get a glass bottle and pour your liquide soap in that and put the pump to the bottle back on this is a cheap vwersion of walmart liquide soap the dollar strretcher kind of product.Wink

Cindy ---
  • Fri, Jan 11 2013 9:49 AM In reply to

When I have enough scraps that weigh the same as a full bar of soap they get added to the next batch of laundry soap I make.

Jill

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us