Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

New Year Eve plans ??

Last post Sat, Dec 29 2012 3:14 PM by Anna Marie. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 27 2012 9:49 PM

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

New Year Eve plans ??

we all stay at home  one sil makes wing , another make her hot wings  one makes little sandwhiches ,

I make chex mix  Niece does cook brings the chips  we use the salsa Dear Sil and I  make shrimp cocktails  I make up chicken tenders

we have a ball DH and I  usually in bed by 12:05 and we know they stay up ... I usually have DH and babies at the table when the rest get up

I will have black eye peas and greens cooked the next day and we will have alot of fun ..

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Thu, Dec 27 2012 9:53 PM In reply to

Re: New Year Eve plans ??

Beats me knowing me park my butt in front of the t.v watching celebraties party their brains out while I break my budget on a diet coke be the first one in two months a diet coke,:)

I don't go out on that day and to boot I be nuts and going out on the road with drunks and people so high that they go in their cars and think they can drive homer in a condition they are in no thanks I stay home and watch t.v.

Cindy ---
  • Thu, Dec 27 2012 11:15 PM In reply to

Nothing exciting here, just a few goodies to eat, a little TV and maybe a glass of wine.  We're lucky if we can stay awake 'til midnight!  Liz.
  • Fri, Dec 28 2012 12:16 AM In reply to

Relax, I go to my weekly Monday relaxation session and am then low key at home after! New Year's Day we drive to the beach, that is always nice. No big food/meal plans either for this occassion.... just a usual Monday and R & R!
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Fri, Dec 28 2012 12:30 AM In reply to

Same as you guys, goodies and TV! 

We have 6 dentist appts and 2 doctor appts, it is the last day I have my medical assistance for the kids for secondary insurance. Next month will have no health insurance for me, so far, and the copays and all for the kids, who have insurance through their dad.

One dd is invited to a party, I would rather she stay overnight with no driving, she is checking.

• Fri, Dec 28 2012 12:57 AM In reply to

The kids (or mostly Chickadee, since the guests will be closer to her age) are having their own New Year's Eve party at our house. We'll celebrate the New Year at Greenwich Mean Time (which will be around 4pm for us), make pizzas and watch "Rudolph's Shiny New Year". They'll be here for several hours (along with their parents), so I'll have some substantial snacks out too.

After they go home, we'll pull out the rest of our finger foods, watch the latest Doctor Who Christmas special and then watch the ball drop on TV. I didn't get a bottle of sparkling cider, but I think we still have either a bottle of sparkling pink lemonade or sparkling cranberry juice left from Thanksgiving.

Mama to a teen and a preschooler KINDERGARTENER!! -- oh, the fun! Also co-parenting 3 other awesome kids. :)
  • Fri, Dec 28 2012 1:02 PM In reply to

We will be watching the grandsons on New Year's Eve as daughter has to work until 2 am or later - depends how long it takes to clean the place up after they shove the last of the revelers out the door :-)  I've asked her to stay in town with friends that night as I'd rather not have her out on the roads at 2 or 3 am; too many impaired individuals out and about at that time. 

I have a bottle of sparkling grape juice on the off chance that any of us manage to stay awake until midnight LOL!

New Year's Day, we will join family at my Aunt and Uncle's home; I will carry in the corned beef and cabbage, Ham balls, Hoppin' John (black eye peas), corn bread, and probably a layered dip and chips. There will be pork bbq, 2 or 3 kinds of soup, lots of salads, and - groan - plenty of desserts.  We will take the grandsons with us; give their Mama a chance to catch up on her sleep!

• Fri, Dec 28 2012 7:13 PM In reply to

Hoping to go to a minor-league hockey game ... but plan to be home before midnight.  Reminds me, I should get some bubbly of some kind to toast in the New Year.

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
  • Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:52 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

don't know yet but frankly mostly food and movies lol.  I have a hard time staying up late.  unless there is something for the kids to do in the daytime that is fun.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Sat, Dec 29 2012 3:57 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

great minds think all ..  we have some old movies to watch .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us