Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

cheeseburger pie

Last post Mon, Jan 7 2013 5:36 PM by gayla50. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 27 2012 7:32 PM

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

cheeseburger pie

Cheeseburger Pie

1 lb. ground beef
    1 c. chopped onion
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
    1 c. milk
    1/2 c. biscuit mix
    2 eggs
    Preheat oven to 400

Brown ground beef and onion; drain. Stir in salt. Spread in greased 9 inch pie plate; sprinkle w/ cheese. Stir remaining ingredients w/ fork until blended. Pour over beef mixture. Bake for 25 minutes.

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Thu, Dec 27 2012 10:09 PM In reply to

Re: cheeseburger pie

Stick out tongue 

Cindy ---
  • Thu, Dec 27 2012 10:32 PM In reply to

I have a similar recipe called "White Castle Pie", although it's like a crustless quiche. Well, technically it's not my recipe... one that I found on this website several years ago.

White Castle Hamburger Pie

Mama to a teen and a preschooler KINDERGARTENER!! -- oh, the fun! Also co-parenting 3 other awesome kids. :)
  • Fri, Dec 28 2012 6:47 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

I remember White Castle there was on at home in Texas   great recipe thanks

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Sat, Dec 29 2012 8:32 PM In reply to

Gayla you still got it these recipes are easy to follow and to boot delish thanks.  I made this for lunch for my middle sister and it was good sissy went for secounds and my picky sister said thanks to me usally she does not say anything about nothing this tyime she did meaning she likef it so if it pas's her grade anyone would love it.;

Cindy ---
  • Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:41 PM In reply to

Gayla I have some burger and some sausage, I wonder if it will be good with both.  I save half burger and half sausage to use in spegetti sauce, but all I need in this is an onion and I could make this next week!  Also some lactose free milk.  I wonder if they make dairy free or lactose free powerdered milk?

I think DD might like it, even though she doesn't like casserol type dishes.  She will probably eat around the crust! ;-)   I would have to make small piece and have it with veggies and a salad to be diet friendly.  OH that would be hard to do!

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• Mon, Jan 7 2013 2:57 PM In reply to

• mechanika
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2012
    • Oregon, USA
    • Posts 258

DMC: They do make that! http://www.sorcerers.net/shop/16_16310211_B001EO5TWU_Better-Than-Milk-Vegan-Beverage-Mix-Rice-Original-214-Ounce-Canisters-Pack-of-2.html I've seen that promo'd on several Celiac sites, so it must be pretty good, though I've never tried it.

You can call me Anika. :)
  • Mon, Jan 7 2013 3:39 PM In reply to

Gayla - thanks for posting this - a great throw together-type recipe for busy nights

You can substitute any meat for the hamburger and also add any leftover veggies you have on hand, We love it with ham & broccolli. Leftover chopped chicken and corn is good too. Make it mexican by using chopped/shredded pork with corn & tomatoes and stir in some taco seasoning  & serve with salsa.

SS

• Mon, Jan 7 2013 4:34 PM In reply to

'thanks Mech!  Love Oregon by the way!!!

Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• Mon, Jan 7 2013 5:36 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

I made this with alot of meat ..  my SIL makes hers with sweet  Italian sausage she also use assortment of cheese .  it one of those recipes .. 

Gayla

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us