Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Christmas Stockings

Last post Tue, Dec 18 2012 11:25 PM by movingrightalong. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:22 AM

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Christmas Stockings

Do you do Christmas Stockings? Do you do adults and kids? What do you normally put in them? Does Santa fill the stockings or family members?Share your traditions about stockings. Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
    Filed under:
  • Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:29 AM In reply to

Re: Christmas Stockings

We do stockings on Christmas morning. At my house growing up, Santa filled them. At DH house growing up, his mom filled them. So DH and I agreed to do them on Christmas morning but we never can remember if "santa" fills them or we do, LOL. Makes a difference when you have small kiddos!

I have bought: socks, tiny dolls, Hot Wheels cars, stickers, gum, chocolates, chapstick, small lotions, tea bags (for me), toothbrushes (for everyone). DH bought some small flashlights and got a couple free ice scrapers (for my dad and his stockings).

Erika
  • Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:06 AM In reply to

• brenl
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 4 2008
    • Wayne county
    • Posts 2,426

We do stockings in a way. I got where I use a box slash containers. I fill for for me, hubby, and both kids. I put a little bit of every thing in it. There is candy, a juice box, pre wrapped cookies, jerky, a tumbler, and a few different things. Things change every year. Except there is candy in it every year.
  • Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:07 AM In reply to

babs:
    Do you do Christmas Stockings? Do you do adults and kids? What do you normally put in them? Does Santa fill the stockings or family members?Share your traditions about stockings. Babs

We do stockings for everyone.  Santa fills them, with a smoked gouda or edam cheese (whichever the recipient likes better) , a few candies, an orange or clementine, & an apple. Occasionally a few walnuts in the shell.  That's it!  Fruit, nuts & cheese.

• Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:15 AM In reply to

We do stockings at our house. I fill the kids and DH's with chocolates, gum, a gift card for coffee or smoothies and little trinkets. DH takes care of filling mine.
    Riley
  • Mon, Dec 17 2012 1:23 PM In reply to

Yes, "Someone" fills stockings here. They each contain a big shiny apple, a large navel orange, some mixed nuts in their shells and some wrapped candies, then some neat little gifty thing(s). AM
  • Mon, Dec 17 2012 1:43 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

I buy candy, little toys they like, like mini lego figures etc.  didn't do stockings (dutch parents) growing up so only do them because of the kids.  we still got candy and goodies but no stocking.   I buy things for my stocking because dh forgets though he always wants stockings. 

my mil does stockings for all of us too. 

I was just moving gifts from the bedroom to the closet downstairs. moved some things around and found some things so think it is the big cleanout and get rid of some stockpiled stuff! 

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Tue, Dec 18 2012 11:25 PM In reply to

We had stockings growing up in England, so my kids got stockings too. This is their last year of me doing their stockings as far as they know. Last year my fiance expressed a desire for us to exchange stockings, so I sewed some and hope to goodness that we have both understood that this is not an expensive part of the festivities.

Daughter is getting some Hello Kitty stuff. Son is getting a few useful things for college. Fiance is getting a small jigsaw and juggling balls that light up. Everyone gets a tangerine, chocolate money and a brand new penny, just like when I was a kid.

"Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want."
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us