Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Do You Tip More During the Holidays?

Last post Sun, Dec 23 2012 5:07 PM by babs. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 12 2012 2:34 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Do You Tip More During the Holidays?

Tis the season for cheer. Do you share more of the merry during the holidays by tipping more?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Wed, Dec 12 2012 7:24 PM In reply to

Re: Do You Tip More During the Holidays?

Brandy, Yes we do especially if we get our special waitress or waiter.  I know they work very hard all the time but at the holidays I feel they go the extra mile. We tip good anyway but add a bit extra during the holiday season
  • Mon, Dec 17 2012 12:52 PM In reply to

I try to tip well all year so do not extend further just because of the season AM
  • Mon, Dec 17 2012 3:18 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

I am a fair tipper and my husband is a giving tipper through the year. I become more giving and he gets very generous at Christmas.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:15 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

our postman is a family friend  she and her husband will be here for oue Christmas party she and  I  attend  the several of the committees  the lady who does my hair  I  gave her and extra weeks  payment ..  the man who brings the bottle water to DH office we gaive a check DH  and I do alot to make sure people who do things for us are apperciated all year round ..

DH says he usually  gives servers a bit more .. He eat out alot in TN while working there .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Mon, Dec 17 2012 6:18 PM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

We rarely eat out, but if we are where my youngest DD  - who will not take money even though she is having a very hard time right now, yes I tip tremendously..big time...with love!

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • Sun, Dec 23 2012 12:17 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

only my reg people like the waitresses at ihop.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Sun, Dec 23 2012 4:42 PM In reply to

Well, I'm on both sides. I am a massage therapist, and I eat in locally owned restaurants once a month or so. Me tipping others- I tip 20 percent, unless the service is bad. I leave a much smaller amount, and a note stating why. Empty water is my biggest issue. Around holidays, I do nudge it up at my usual spots. New place? Not so much. Customers tipping me- I see a slight increase in tips from people not using gift cards. Gift card users split almost 50-50 on their tipping. My regulars tipped heavily this month, but most skipped the previous month. I don't solicit or expect tips, I just see the numbers in my billing paperwork. The spa collects all credit card tips and they come in my check. Cash tips are down, though. I haven't tipped postal carriers in years. They rotate so much. I think if you have a connection with a carrier, it might be different.
  • Sun, Dec 23 2012 5:07 PM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

We ate out today at 99 resturant. There is one waitress that is so good. Today, she brought out drinks and already had ordered DH salad before she came to our table.  We left her a larger tip today for Christmas. Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us