Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Holiday Shopping Mistakes

Last post Fri, Feb 22 2013 6:39 AM by areya. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 6 2012 11:16 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Holiday Shopping Mistakes

Bankrate has discovered some common mistakes that people make when shopping. These things can really cost you more money.

Do you make this mistakes?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:28 PM In reply to

Re: Holiday Shopping Mistakes

I know I've made many of these mistakes and I'm proud that I've improved. One area I don't benefit from much is the coupons. I think I do have an opportunity to benefit from a coupon or two this year since I need to buy something from a craft store. I can also look online for a coupon for the Wii game we are buying for DD from her grandma.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
  • Thu, Dec 6 2012 4:00 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Brandy:

Mistakes in typing need to be wathed too, LOL.

When I shop without a plan, I usually do overspend. I do so much better with plans and lists.

I have done well with store coupons in getting gifts. Especially well with things like the 20% off the total at Bed, Bath and Beyond and finding things on sale or clearance to get for gifts then having the price slashed farther.

Thanks Bankrate but I'll pass on the bots and sites that help me to find the best prices. I shop at a few trusted places and check each myself before I make a purchase. That may be a better savings tool for others though.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Thu, Jan 17 2013 2:40 AM In reply to

I guess, it's just normal to commit mistakes. What we have to do is to be careful next time. By the way, the holiday shopping season is when retailers get the most aggressive, offering all kinds of incentives to attract consumers from rivals. One such technique is price matching, in which a store will honor the marketed costs from other merchants. However, consumers need to be cautious and read the "fine print."

• Fri, Feb 22 2013 6:39 AM In reply to

• areya
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 22 2013
    • Posts 5

i checked your link regarding mistakes in shopping and i want to say that  i have not done made any single mistake from them while making shopping

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us