Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Favorite Food at Thanksgiving this year???

Last post Fri, Nov 23 2012 5:40 PM by spiderdust. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:06 AM

Favorite Food at Thanksgiving this year???

You know we are all dying to know and share... WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD DISH THIS YEAR AT THANKSGIVING??? I know it's hard to pick between everything but think of that one dish that had you plate dump diving (or wanting to) for seconds!!! Share your ultimate favorite food this Thanksgiving... and who made it? and why was it so great?

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:14 AM In reply to

Re: Favorite Food at Thanksgiving this year???

I have to say the ham and yes I made it myself lol I made it all though really so I am not being pompus here. My ham though, it was the best I've ever done. I was surprised as pork really isn't my thing but this bad boy really did me in.

I made a special herb/spice mix that I ground fresh before rubbing. I also made a "gut instinct" specially blended wet mixture for drenching prior to the rub. There was some nice injecting as well. Everything is better with butter. The results were so beautiful. I am so going to make these dry and wet blends again, the BB top secret recipe.

And your top favorite this year???

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:53 AM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

BargainBinge:
    Everything is better with butter.

LOL.  Ain't it the tuth!!

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:08 AM In reply to

Grame, fellow butter lover. You would be proud of stinchy health nut here... I injected 1 stick of melted butter in the ham and 2 into the turkey and then 1 to rub all over it... lol So, three sticks used total for the turkey and 1 for the ham. It did not stop there though, I won't even get into the buttery sides... then comes the whipped butter, dare I even go there LOL

What was your favorite dish this year????

• Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:22 AM In reply to

DH and FIL loved the steamed asparagus with grated romano cheese on it. My favorite was the cranberry orange bread I made. It came apart taking it out of the pan, but it tastes pretty good so I kept it.

Jill

• Fri, Nov 23 2012 10:15 AM In reply to

BargainBinge:

Grame, fellow butter lover. You would be proud of stinchy health nut here... I injected 1 stick of melted butter in the ham and 2 into the turkey and then 1 to rub all over it... lol So, three sticks used total for the turkey and 1 for the ham. It did not stop there though, I won't even get into the buttery sides... then comes the whipped butter, dare I even go there LOL

Holy cow (or pig and turkey in this case!)! We're going to have to start calling you Paula Deen Jr now! LOL!

My favourite Thanksgiving food is the stuffing, hands down. I only make it a couple of times a year (not counting the occasional Stove Top, I'm talking real, homemade stuffing here). This year I cheated a bit, buying the bags of Pepperidge Farm stuffing that was on sale at the commissary. But I doctored it up with plenty of onion, celery, butter (!!!), and herbs, and it tasted almost like my homemade. Stuffing drenched with gravy...I could make a meal out of just that!

"The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 10:42 AM In reply to

Just having dinner was the best part showed up around 3pm dinner was planned between 3-4pm when it was pulled out at 330 it was still raw/bloody..Back into the oven birdie went checked again at 5pm birdie still raw/not as bloody looking donier..Cooked somemore at 630pm-700pm it was fianlly done we had a nice little dinner w/ Grandma as Pa was sleeping due to the midnight shift now..Dried 2 loads of laundry too :O) while we waited
    http://jayashiangel.blogspot.com/
    http://tactilepleasure.blogspot.com/

Cell Phone Holders 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 18
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 13
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2013 YTD 36
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2012 YTD 21

• Fri, Nov 23 2012 10:57 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

with out its pumpkin pie

and my SIL jello 

I love the whole thing .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:10 AM In reply to

The  favorites at my house were the stuffing which I made, the gravy that Mom made and Sister-in-law made an out of this world marbled cheese cake for dessert that everyone went crazy over.
    Riley
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 5:40 PM In reply to

Our Thanksgiving dinner guest brought green bean casserole and an AMAZING cherry crisp. I could have eaten half of the bowl of the green bean casserole all by myself, but I was trying to hard to be good!
    Mama to a teen and a preschooler KINDERGARTENER!! -- oh, the fun! Also co-parenting 3 other awesome kids. :)
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us