Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Leftover Remix

Last post Sat, Nov 24 2012 8:53 PM by jayce04. 22 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (23 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 22 2012 10:07 AM

Leftover Remix

Let's Talk about LEFTOVERS and how to remix into a new & exciting meals...... I was thinking these type of WONTONS however I would bake them in place of frying them to use up leftover!....I also found these southwestern style using the turkey & potatoes yummy...I plan to try these as well as I love the potato style I have made them before...the trick this time is (limit my sour cream & cheese) & bake them.. 

http://jayashiangel.blogspot.com/
    http://tactilepleasure.blogspot.com/

Cell Phone Holders 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 18
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 13
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2013 YTD 36
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2012 YTD 21

• Thu, Nov 22 2012 8:32 PM In reply to

Re: Leftover Remix

Stick out tongue 

Cindy ---
  • Thu, Nov 22 2012 10:20 PM In reply to

Well (don't beat up on me), but I don't care much for turkey breast. So, I pureed it into a smooth spread, added mayonnaise, onion, celery, a little salt and pepper, and dried cranberries and use it to spread on crackers. It's actually very tasty. Smile

budgetwise

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Ps. 139:14
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:11 AM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

A good post for the day after.  Bones and some meat in the freezer for a later soup base.

Temps have made a big change here compared to earlier in the week, so perfect weather for tetrazinie and the rest will be shredded and froze for wraps.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:25 AM In reply to

Not sure what I'm going to do with the leftover turkey. We already have turkey noodle soup in the freezer. It's good but neither of us are much into soup. Maybe pot pie or something. We had lots of leftover sides, which I divided into single-serve portions and froze.

Jill

• Fri, Nov 23 2012 10:37 AM In reply to

Those single servings sides are great for work lunches too... I ended up with these items from Grandma's house

1 container of Mashed Potatoes & 5 pound bag of potatoes-->> DD doesn't like mashed potatoes so I will making cream cheese/green onion/mashed potatoes stuffed in wontons & baked for me for dinners

1 container w/ maybe 4-6 slice of turkey--This will be for sandwiches--For Me DD doesn't like Turkey this way

1 container of stuffing (dry will add more broth to this)-- I am thinking of freezing this

DD leftover sweet potato (1/4 cup)

2 slice of pumpkin pie--cutting this into 4 pieces for me since DD can't eat this due to the Dairy she made her self a lactose free pumpkin roll...

http://jayashiangel.blogspot.com/
    http://tactilepleasure.blogspot.com/

Cell Phone Holders 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 18
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 13
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2013 YTD 36
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2012 YTD 21

• Fri, Nov 23 2012 12:00 PM In reply to

Leftovers will be used now until Sunday and then Monday will come and I am going back to clean eating/serving.

A lot more food was packaged up and sent off than planned so less leftovers than I thought and enough to stretch the next few days/night. I'm happy about this though, after Friday's repeat dinner meal it gets to be a bit much and Saturday/Sunday I do our "remixes" as Jaya calls it. Then that's that. Bye Thanksgiving food, hello Christmas dinner lol

I will have enough to do repeat Thankgiving plates tonight for supper and daytime hot turkey sandwiches /sides... and then over the weekend I will have enough left for 1 turkey remix and 1-2 ham remixes. Bones from both meats were sent to the freezer for soups. I have hoping for 2 turkey remixes but that doesn't look like it's happening because it will get used up faster than the ham. In that case I must choose wise and if I don't do my turkey pot pies I won't see the light of day LOL so I'm planning to use it that way. Sunday will be brunch themed and my special mac and cheese is in request. Honestly, after Sunday it's back to healthy eating. This holiday was butter bustin' and belly bustin' lol

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 3:19 PM In reply to

To use leftover ham just slice heat the ham put some pineapple chunks and drizzle a small amount of brown sugar glaze.  Leftover stuffing cut some green onion,small amount of bell pepper and grated cheese stir together form into patties and fry in a very small amount of olive oil in a non-stick skillet.  Spinich salad using leftover dried cranberries.  I like that meal for a remix.
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 3:39 PM In reply to

Well the bummer about going out of town for the holiday....I do not have any yummy leftovers to nibble on all weekend. I would do a small turkey and the fixins today or tomorrow but we are headed out of town for work so it will have to wait. I did pull the chicken carcass out of the freezer and put in the crockpot to simmer, will have some yummy chicken rice soup later today! Its cold and a bit snowy here so hot soup sounds great right now!
  • Fri, Nov 23 2012 3:46 PM In reply to

Jayce, I have been dying to know what you all ended up ordering at your Greek place? Enjoy your soup, please save yourself the weekend to continue to get a break from all the work needed to make a late turkey spread! This was your weekend OFF, thank you very much... smile.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
Page 1 of 3 (23 items) 1 2 3 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us