Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Planning for Financial Disasters

Last post Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:13 PM by Kassy. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 15 2012 2:51 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Planning for Financial Disasters

For many on the east coast, financial disaster is striking as they deal with damage to their home, loss of vehicle and loss of other property. For some, the threat of more lay offs and increased expenses may mean a possible financial disaster.

If you have a strategy for dealing with loss, damage, unexpected expenses and decreased income, it can be less bleak if they come.

Do you have a plan?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Thu, Nov 15 2012 3:56 PM In reply to

Re: Planning for Financial Disasters

1.  House, life, and health insurance.

2.  A one-year emergency fund.

I am a Personal Financial Coach helping individuals across the country save money, get out of debt, and live financially free without selling insurance, investments, or fancy software. Just plain 'ole common sense principles that work.
  • Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:20 PM In reply to

!. retirement

2. medical fund

3 house pappers and cd' from bank

3. emergancy fund going too

4 house insurance,vet insrance for the pets car and my medical

chrissanne
  • Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:13 PM In reply to

I thought of this site when the disaster happened and I saw all the devestation on TV. Immediately I thought 'if you had a plan'. I remember hearing someone mention a month ago to be sure to have cash because the ATM's won't work etc.. Then I saw people who were pleading with relatives to get cash to them. I know it is hard to believe that it will happen to 'me'! It's why we need to be prepared. I'm sure many of those people feel like the Apocalypse has happened. My prayers go out to them and I am helping with a charity I know does the right things.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us