Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Tiny Houses

Last post 10-29-2012 5:00 PM by Maggie Trudeau. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-28-2012 9:00 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Tiny Houses

I came across another article on Tiny Houses this morning. This one looks comfortable enough and effiecient.

Check it out!

Would you live in a tiny house or other compact space if it meant being able to live without a mortgage or rent? Would that save you a lot of money?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 10-28-2012 12:51 PM In reply to

Re: Tiny Houses

I could live in a tiny house but my DH would go crazy. He has never had to live in a small house ever. My mom, sister and I  lived in a very small duplex(approx 300sq. ft) before I got married. My Grandmother lived in the other side of the duplex. I would save a lot of money if we had no mortgage by living this way. When we bought our first home it was only 1010 square feet and my DH was looking at ways to expand it cause he always felt it was too small.
    Riley
  • 10-28-2012 1:00 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

I prefer space to move around but in an efficient and nice looking smaller space; I think I could adapt. I have to have private space though, that's the big thing for me.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 10-29-2012 10:06 AM In reply to

I want one, but it must be wheelchair accessible, in case of old age related health problems. I'd also want a permanent concrete foundation because of potential wind damage. 12 x 24 would be plenty of space and the dimensions could use stock lumber, insulation, paneling with little cutting. Part would be screened porch with removable recycled plexi or glass paneling for winter greenhouse and passive heat.
  • 10-29-2012 10:25 AM In reply to

I could adapt but don't think I could go under 700 sq. ft. that would be 1000 less than I have now.  Long as I had a nice kitchen,bath and either a deck or porch I would be fine.
  • 10-29-2012 5:00 PM In reply to

I just inquired on a 12X16 foot cabin that is for sale so I may have to adapt soon!

I like living in a small space as long as I can have a separate sleeping space, a loft or a room or something.   I lived for most of a year in a 22 foot camper and that was fine.  

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us