Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Cooking Spaghetti Squash

Last post 11-05-2012 6:50 PM by Cheryl. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2012 5:42 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Cooking Spaghetti Squash

I bought spaghetti squash at a decent price. I'd love to hear the different ways everyone makes theirs. Looking for new things to try!

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 10-26-2012 7:36 PM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-22-2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

Re: Cooking Spaghetti Squash

This is my favorite winter squash!!

-nuc with butter then sprinkle Parmesan

- with butter and brown sugar as a dessert

- with marinara sauce 

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • 10-26-2012 8:15 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

grame:
    with marinara sauce 

That's how I usually cook it.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 10-26-2012 9:26 PM In reply to

Grame hit the spot, those are all simple and wonderful ways to enjoy it. I generally like it with minimal ingredients added to respect the delicious flavor but I'd really love to be daring sometime soon and do a alfredo with it - like maybe a nice shrimp and spaghetti squash alfredo. I'd cook the spaghetti squash like noodles and then toss with sauteed garlic and herb shrimp and drizzle with alfredo... top with parmesan cheese and lots of black pepper! That sounds really good... salmon would work nice too.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 10-27-2012 12:45 AM In reply to

We bake our in the oven, cut it lengthwise, scoop out the seed and then take a fork and pull down with it to make spaghetti like strands. Then we serve with spaghetti sauce. It's very good!
  • 11-01-2012 8:04 AM In reply to

I add potatoes, few vegetables, olive oil, parmesan cheese and any traditional pasta sauce. I use my oven to cook spaghetti.
    Find cheap parking in Paris and a secure spot for car parking Paris.
  • 11-04-2012 11:37 PM In reply to

I just made Baked Spaghetti Squash with Beef and Veggies. It was really good. I found the recipe on allrecipes.com. Lucy
  • 11-05-2012 6:50 PM In reply to

Brandy,

I make it very simply with just a little butter and cinnamon. I made it with spaghetti sauce once and we didn't like it that way. I have an old cookbook from a chef named perla meyers and she's the only one I've seen that agrees with me, that they don't pair well. But the majority of folks do like it with tomato sauce so we're the oddballs :)

Besides with a little butter and cinnamon I've also baked it, remove the 'shreds' and cook to remove excess moisture and added them to quiches with other veggies, or scrambled eggs, which I usually add leftover veggies to. I buy butternut and acorn squashes the most though. Let us know what you decide on!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us