Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

What Was I Thinking When I Bought This?

Last post 10-29-2012 8:33 AM by Juneflower. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2012 12:08 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

What Was I Thinking When I Bought This?

Have you ever walked out of the store with a purchase to wonder later what you were thinking when you paid what you did for that item?

Share your stories of buyer's regret for items you think you paid too much for or things that turned out not to be worth the money.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 10-24-2012 12:37 PM In reply to

Re: What Was I Thinking When I Bought This?

MY HOUSE.

That probably wasn't the sort of answer you were looking for. There's been some kitchen gadgets that seemed like good ideas at the time, but ended up being so cheap that they weren't worth getting and broke when I used them.

Mama to a teen and a preschooler KINDERGARTENER!! -- oh, the fun! Also co-parenting 3 other awesome kids. :)
  • 10-24-2012 12:43 PM In reply to

I think my Nook Color qualifies for this post. I've had it since February, and have only downloaded a couple of freebies and one Under $5. I haven't even touched it since early in the summer. Haven't started using it for library books yet; it's set up for that now, but I just never get around to it--it's just as easy for me to stop at the library on my way home from somewhere and check an actual book out. I'll probably start using it eventually, but right now I feel like it was a colossal waste of money. :/
    "The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
  • 10-24-2012 1:13 PM In reply to

A size medium shirt when I am an xl...it was mostly spandex so i thought would stretch alot....which it did.....to show every bump and jiggle I have!!

It's pretty so i wear it around the house only LOL.

Michelle in Northern Michigan

"Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

• 10-24-2012 1:23 PM In reply to

• rolo
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-04-2007
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,928

No specific story to share but I have definitely done that in the past.  After a day or so I return the item/items that were bought.  

And, for the nonreturnable stuff--I went through a time of buying $1 menu treats while running errands while trying to lose weight and now I am to the point where it doesn't happen often and when it does I end up taking a bite and throwing the ice cream or burger away immediately.  

Lorrie

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." ~~ Dalai Lama XIV -

• 10-24-2012 4:11 PM In reply to

• Karen K
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-24-2009
    • New York Mills, MN
    • Posts 1,327

Loveday:
    I think my Nook Color qualifies for this post. I've had it since February, and have only downloaded a couple of freebies and one Under $5. I haven't even touched it since early in the summer. Haven't started using it for library books yet; it's set up for that now, but I just never get around to it--it's just as easy for me to stop at the library on my way home from somewhere and check an actual book out. I'll probably start using it eventually, but right now I feel like it was a colossal waste of money. :/
    That's the next upgrade I want to buy! Would you consider selling it second hand? PM me ...... ??
    Karen K

http://www.sugarcreekwoodworking.com
    http://www.asimplepinebox.com
  • 10-24-2012 5:44 PM In reply to

Karen K:
    Loveday:
    That's the next upgrade I want to buy! Would you consider selling it second hand? PM me ...... ??

Sent you a PM, Karen.

"The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
  • 10-24-2012 6:05 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

If you any of you have Facebook, The Dollar Stretcher is talking about it there too.

Check it out

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 10-28-2012 7:53 PM In reply to

• smiles
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-15-2010
    • Midwest
    • Posts 306

Years ago...we were on a tight budget and bought a "wind surfer". Yes, we were excited, felt it was the deal of a life time. It caused such tension, we really didn't have the money. It taught us a good lesson. To this day, we often say..."remember the wind surfer", it has stopped us in our tracks several times.

Good lesson learned!

• 10-29-2012 12:22 AM In reply to

Hit my forehead with the heel of my palm saying to myself I could have had a V-8 drink instead of the cappachino yeah I happen to do it alot what has happened here when I don't haqve the budget and then regrete later yeah I have been known to do that a few times a year...Tongue TiedIndifferentHmm

Cindy ---
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us