Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Using A Price Book

Last post Fri, Oct 5 2012 10:43 AM by LifeofRiley. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 3 2012 9:04 PM

• Brandy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Using A Price Book

A price book can help you to find the shelf prices of items in your local stores you can match when you see sales or are out shopping and want the best price. This can keep you on track for budgeting your food expenses.

Do you use a price book?

Read more about price books:

A Grocery Pricebook

Starting a pricebook

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:08 AM In reply to

• babs
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Re: Using A Price Book

I havent had one if a while.  Prices have changed so much so quick.  Is good for salvage store shopping so you know how much you are saving. Salvage stores here tend to cut the price in half.  There is an app that willk check prices in local stores so you can find out the lowest price. Bean and I have used it at the salvage store to see how much we have saved. Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Thu, Oct 4 2012 5:54 PM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

Prices are rising up so quickly, I CAN'T KEEP UP.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:28 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

grame:
     Prices are rising up so quickly, I CAN'T KEEP UP.

I haven't used a price book but I know my target prices. Those have had to change and I too am struggling to keep up with the rapidly changing costs.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:35 AM In reply to

• babs
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

I ask Bean to post about the app that is on her phone for price checks. Hopefully she will do that today, Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Fri, Oct 5 2012 10:24 AM In reply to

• BEAN
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 19 2008
    • Posts 122

YES I love this thing.. Mom ( Babs) and I have used this a ton out shopping..My Husband has even used it for Man Stuff... Like at Home depo for hardwear.

It is called ShopSavvy I believe it was a free app but i got it SO long ago i dont really recall. It is easy to use..

Easy to use.. My Kids love doing it for me.. Keeps them busy in the store. All you do is scan the Barcode on something and it pulls up prices for stores and online stores also like Amazon or Walmart online. Not everything is in there but you can also add things by taken a picture and adding the Info in about where you saw it and how much it was. VERY helpful seeing as Prices are changing all the time. ALSO give you a good idea about how much you have saved shopping at discount stores. If you have a smart phone this is a MUST have for bargin Shopping in my book.. BEAN

• Fri, Oct 5 2012 10:43 AM In reply to

Thanks for the info Babs and Bean, I will have to download that app for my phone. I haven't had a pricebook in years. I usually shop at the same stores each time so I have figured out which store to buy certain items in for the lowest cost. I think the shopping app will be a good idea to have.

Riley
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us