Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

16 Free Plastic Canvas Patterns..Xmas, Tissue Boxes and other Holiday ideas

Last post Wed, Feb 20 2013 12:42 PM by daf0318. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Aug 26 2012 11:35 AM

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

16 Free Plastic Canvas Patterns..Xmas, Tissue Boxes and other Holiday ideas

Don't know how many forumites do plastic canvas but I saw this set of patterns and thought I would post for those interested. My mil and aunt used to do plastic canvas.

http://www.favecrafts.com/Plastic-Canvas/16-Free-Patterns-for-Plastic-Canvas/ct/1

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Tue, Aug 28 2012 12:28 AM In reply to

Re: 16 Free Plastic Canvas Patterns..Xmas, Tissue Boxes and other Holiday ideas

The craft here is pretty cool thanks .  Your pain in the butt fan sissy

chrissanne
  • Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:57 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Posts 10,850

lol thanks

• Fri, Aug 31 2012 1:24 PM In reply to

• Pat
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 6 2007
    • Colorado
    • Posts 14,463

I used to do all kinds of plastic canvas! As a matter of fact, I just pulled out a scarecrow made from plastic canvas and put it on display for fall. He still looks pretty good, although I had to glue some dry grass back on. 

I never did go for tissue box covers, though... Smile Some of the patterns are neat. 

I have about a million pattern books and magazines for plastic canvas that I will never use again. 

Community Facilitator

Printable Coupons!

Smartsource and MySavings
  • Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:54 PM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Posts 10,850

all the stuff mil did in the past have held up well too.  mary maxim always has new kits.

• Sat, Sep 1 2012 9:24 PM In reply to

Hi pat long time no see.  Martha this is up my alley thank you it has other stuff on it too but this will help make my christmas a little cheaper.

• Tue, Oct 16 2012 9:07 AM In reply to

• daf0318
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 15 2012
    • MA
    • Posts 2

Hi Pat,  I do needlepoint on plastic canvas and I'm always looking for patterns.  Would you consider selling them?

There is a great auction site called Listia.com, where you sell your stuff for credits, then use the credits to buy other things you want.  No money changes hands, so it is a great way to stretch a budget!  The link is listed below.  The best part is, if you join through the link, you will get 100 credits free to start you off, and I'll get 500 credits for the referral!  Win/win!  Thank you!  Believe me needlepoint patterns go quickly on this site.

Debbie

https://www.listia.com/signup/1200261

• Tue, Feb 19 2013 11:28 PM In reply to

do you still have the plastic canvas things?
  • Wed, Feb 20 2013 12:42 PM In reply to

• daf0318
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 15 2012
    • MA
    • Posts 2

Yes, I've got tons of patterns and finished items, one on listia.com and some more at Esty.com/needlepointniche

Are you looking for something in particular?  I have plenty that are not listed in either place right now.  I even have extra yarn that I'm planning to auction on listia soon.

Debbie Freas

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us