Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Frozen Bananas

Last post Mon, Jul 9 2012 10:38 AM by LivingFrugal. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 7 2012 8:28 AM

Frozen Bananas

I get some good deals on ripe bananas sometimes. I know they can be frozen and used in banana muffins and bread. I recently got 5 extra large organic bananas for 75 cents. I froze all but one by cutting them in half and wrapping them in aluminum foil. I decided to try frozen bananas in my cereals. I took the half of a banana out of the freezer just before putting together my cereal. I then cut up the banana and put it in my cereal bowl. It worked out great! Now I can stock up the next time I see reduced bananas. Just thought I'd pass on that tip.

• Sat, Jul 7 2012 8:53 AM In reply to

Re: Frozen Bananas

FROZEN BANANAS AS POPSICLES = DIVINE!!!

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Sat, Jul 7 2012 9:10 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

I freeze them for muffins , and cake but found out my Grandchilden love banana  pops they are a big hit here  they love them dipped in Chocolate with peanuts on them .

one of the kids take bananas dip them in koolid powder -  bananna it works .

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Sat, Jul 7 2012 9:16 AM In reply to

Also, I love banana shakes. Just cut up a half of a frozen banana. Add 8 oz of milk and a Tbls. of sugar and mix in the blender. It is easy, filling and delicious!
  • Sat, Jul 7 2012 12:23 PM In reply to

• Peanut
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 17 2011
    • Suburbs of Boston, MA
    • Posts 141

We use the frozen chunks in the food processor - if you process it just until smooth, it has the consistency (and sweetness!) of soft serve ice cream!  A drizzle of chocolate syrup, perhaps a cookie garnish...nothing better on a hot day!

Babbling regularly at PeanutsAlmanac.Blogspot.com
  • Sat, Jul 7 2012 12:59 PM In reply to

I'm glad I brought up the topic. Thanks for all the great recommendations! Frozen bananas are great on a hot summer's day.
  • Sat, Jul 7 2012 2:02 PM In reply to

gayla50:

I freeze them for muffins , and cake but found out my Grandchilden love banana  pops they are a big hit here  they love them dipped in Chocolate with peanuts on them .

one of the kids take bananas dip them in koolid powder -  bananna it works .

Alright...we need a LIKE button for this one! Big Smile

budgetwise

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Ps. 139:14
  • Sat, Jul 7 2012 2:50 PM In reply to

I wish I could eat bananas however I get upset tummy when I eat them..
    http://jayashiangel.blogspot.com/
    http://tactilepleasure.blogspot.com/

Cell Phone Holders 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 18
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 13
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2013 YTD 36
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2012 YTD 21

• Mon, Jul 9 2012 10:38 AM In reply to

I found reduced bananas at the same store this week. I bought a bag of seven ripe bananas for $.82. That's fourteen half banana servings that I can put on top of my cereal. I already froze them. Quite a bargain!
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us