Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Tell me about the best bridal shower that you have been to

Last post Mon, Jun 25 2012 10:26 AM by Chrallen. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 15 2012 4:02 PM

Tell me about the best bridal shower that you have been to

I would love to hear stories about unique and/or really fun bridal showers that you have been to, had held for you, or have hosted.  Was there a theme?  awesome food?  great games?  cool location? a unique activity? 
  • Sun, Jun 24 2012 6:11 PM In reply to

Re: Tell me about the best bridal shower that you have been to

Hi Chrallen! I've been to quite a few showers in my day and have to say, most people dislike playing games.  Keep in mind - Don't let it drag on, have plenty of food and maybe have a drawing for people to get door prizes.  Could be done throughout the entire shower - take a few breaks during the gift opening and give away some gifts.

I personally LOVE games but have found that I'm in the minority.

Susan in MI

Susan
    It's all about Love!
  • Sun, Jun 24 2012 8:13 PM In reply to

I think I recall you are planning one? If so, I love playing party planner so I can give my own suggestions since you are looking for a variety of answers! I haven't been to many but I do love party planning so please count me in!

Good weather: OUTDOOR settings are great. A nice private park or decorated courtyard setting are lovely. String lights are festive for evening settings.

GOOD FOOD and lots of it. I like catered styled events the best with tapas/small plates if you are able to pull that off. A real nice touch is if you can get some folks, family members or friends, to play hosts and serve on plates. Got a college age kid or family member? Get their hunky college buds to play hosts/waitors... smile... If not, a nice table spread with various dishes is lovely.. I LOVE a mix of world cuisines to chose from. It's always a culinary adventure! Fresh flowers are always a beautiful touch for table settings. Dessert? a layered cake with seasonal fruit filling generally is always a go getter. People really seem to look forward to cake at these kinds of events...

MUSIC! FOR SURE! Live music is even better! Maybe a son, daughter, family member, friend, church buddy, etc wants a small gig! Don't forget the option to barter for any "services"

Group games, crafts and a raffle - as Sue suggested - can be a blast. Another really fun group activity is some kind of instructional class where people can watch, learn and participate. Maybe a cooking or craft class taught by a friend or family membered skilled in that area. A "learn how to make..." instructional class about 30-45 mins/max so folks can stay focused and not get bored. DIY bath salts, aromatherapy, raw vegan food, seasonal foods/drinks, reflexology, accupressure, DIY handy home helpers/cleaners/beauty products, etc. are great ideas.

Before I continue, let me make sure you are even hosting one LOL or I may look a little foolish here LOL!!!

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Sun, Jun 24 2012 11:03 PM In reply to

b.b I get in trouble telling you all about the last bridel shower I attended was middle sisters and the games I got in trouble over but it was worth the fun even mom had a great time certain games are the best way to go and homemade cake and punch and lots of fun then do card games thats the one I got killed over...lolDevil

• Sun, Jun 24 2012 11:30 PM In reply to

Cindy, games are great! What kind did you all play? There's this one outdoor one people love here, it's called Bucca ball or something like that??? As for card games... one of my favorites is UNO LOL!
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Mon, Jun 25 2012 8:22 AM In reply to

cheapChic:
    the last bridel shower I attended was middle sisters and the games I got in trouble

Oh, I get it CheapChic, you're one of THOSE women!  Hee, hee, hee...

Susan in MI

Susan
    It's all about Love!
  • Mon, Jun 25 2012 10:26 AM In reply to

Yes, BargainBinge, I am hosting a shower.  :)

The bride specifically has requested games.  It is the only request that she made.  She absolutely adores games.  The games we played at my shower went over pretty well and there is a huge overlap in the guest list as she is my sister.  I wish outdoors was an option but unfortunately the time of year it will be will prohibit it around here.  I think the game mentioned is called Bocce ball.  It is quite fun.  I like the idea of a class/craft.  I will have to see what I can come up for an idea for that.  I may do a brunch but I'm not sure yet...  I really would like it to be unique to better suit the less traditional bride.  :)  It is important to me to have a theme and I'm having trouble coming up with one. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us