Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

How to plan an out of town bridal shower on a budget...

Last post Wed, Jun 6 2012 5:01 PM by Chrallen. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 3 2012 9:04 PM

How to plan an out of town bridal shower on a budget...

I'm starting to plan a bridal shower for my sister, and I live an hour and a half away from where most of the guests will be.  I don't have a ton of money but I'm going to have to rent somewhere to have it or have it at a restaurant function room.  Does anyone have any ideas for me?  It will be in early spring so it will need to be indoors. I'm very worried about being able to afford the shower... 

• Mon, Jun 4 2012 12:42 AM In reply to

Re: How to plan an out of town bridal shower on a budget...

make your own center pieces those from the flower shop is expensive you got the right idea doing this good luck just make sure the cake and the center pieces on table tops are made a tad bit cheaper then the bakery and florist.

chrissanne
  • Mon, Jun 4 2012 12:46 AM In reply to

Have you contacted local churches for rental purposes? This can be a great option.

Dollar store for some of the decorations...

Some folks host pot luck style showers to cut costs... If that's not your thing than try to see who can contribute <like family!> and collaborate your own food spread. Catering is far too expensive, it's much cheaper go your own route with as much help/contributions as possible. Good spring frugal foods: fresh fruit salad, large leafy green/raw veggie salad, cold Italian pasta salad... and an easy entree like assorted mini sandwiches or homemade flat bread pizzas cut into individual squares. Both can be made to cater to vegetarians and meat eaters. Dessert as you wish.

What's the head count?

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Wed, Jun 6 2012 5:01 PM In reply to

Thanks for all of the ideas.  I think I have a location.  One of her bridesmaids lives in a condo that has a great room that we can rent very inexpensively.  Now to figure out the food when I live an hour and a half away...
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us