Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Rationing the Food

Last post Sat, May 31 2014 8:44 PM by Hatvany. 33 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 28 2014 8:16 PM In reply to

• Hatvany
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 27 2012
    • Posts 4

Re: Rationing the Food

I stick the small pieces of soap on top of my new bar.  It works and although at first the bar is a bit larger it still works.  Or if you save the small pieces and when you have saved enough grate the pieces into a bowl of some sort (I use plastic bowl some things come in) and add just enough water to make it like a slurry and using a travel soap dish as a mold pour the slurry into it and allow it to dry for several days.  Remove from the mold and allow to compleatly dry for about 2 week or more if you can.  You then have a new bar of soap. 

• Sat, May 31 2014 2:37 PM In reply to

One advante is I have all the cook book journals as well as the cookbook .. I aso have thier memories so were great about how they discovered talents they never knew the had bad and about them help each other and they never went hungry .. they were all working for a common cause to keep the farm Daddy paid of the land in 1932 he rembered then that his grandmother would make beans in this huge pot he got it out of the attic my aunts gave to me after I learn to make baked beans sure you cant get them in a jar of can but once you have them really you never go back  I make my own still in that old bean pot and my family eat them with a salad  i dont ration I have a different mind set.. 

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Sat, May 31 2014 2:37 PM In reply to

One advante is I have all the cook book journals as well as the cookbook .. I aso have thier memories so were great about how they discovered talents they never knew the had bad and about them help each other and they never went hungry .. they were all working for a common cause to keep the farm Daddy paid of the land in 1932 he rembered then that his grandmother would make beans in this huge pot he got it out of the attic my aunts gave to me after I learn to make baked beans sure you cant get them in a jar of can but once you have them really you never go back  I make my own still in that old bean pot and my family eat them with a salad  i dont ration I have a different mind set.. 

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Sat, May 31 2014 8:44 PM In reply to

• Hatvany
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 27 2012
    • Posts 4

Gayla 57:

I would love to get some of the recipes and  information that your family has given you.  I love the old recipes and the older the better.

Page 4 of 4 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us