Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Making Air Fresheners

Last post 05-02-2012 1:56 PM by rivahcat. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2012 4:30 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Making Air Fresheners

Homemade cleaners, laundry products and more can save us money.

Let's talk about homemade versions of air fresheners and fabric fresheners.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 04-26-2012 10:50 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Re: Making Air Fresheners

I make an air freshener with one part vinegar, three parts water and a few drops of essential oil. I use a spray bottle so we only need a little squeeze and the air is fresher.

The intial smell of the vinegar is not so pleasant but it fades quickly leaving the scent of the essential oil. I find the vinegar kills the odor so it is useful.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 04-26-2012 10:57 AM In reply to

I'd like to try making my own with rose water and essential oils! Vinegar though I do not think I could do... I would not want the smell lingering even a faint scent leftover...

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 05-02-2012 1:56 PM In reply to

I discovered (in a moment of desperation, actually) that wintergreen-scented alcohol works well as a deodorizer! I keep it in a spray bottle to use as a facial toner (at age 59, my skin is an oil slick that rivals a teenager's); one day, when the bathroom was smelly, I sprayed a few spritzes in the air and it KILLED the odor totally! I've used it over my cat pans as well (make sure kitty has finished her business and left the pan first, please). For a dollar a pint at the dollar store, it's a cheap and functional remedy!
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us