Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Stretching the Life of Underwear

Last post Mon, Apr 16 2012 7:48 PM by cheapChic. 78 replies.
Page 5 of 8 (79 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 12 2012 11:48 AM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

Re: Stretching the Life of Underwear

BargainBinge:
    is it really that hard to buy new fresh underwear for delicate and sensitive areas of the body every so often?

Wow, where would one find underclothing for that price?  I haven't seen anything decent looking for that price.   I do hang dry delicates as the dryer heat is so hard on elastic.  Anything that touches these bodacious ta-tas has to be durable and high quality.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • Thu, Apr 12 2012 11:55 AM In reply to

Grame, bargain stores sometimes have Hanes brand on sale for around that price or you can pick up individual pieces on clearance at stores like Target...so basically sale items... TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshalls also have good sales for clearance racks... Don't ask why or how I know just trust me that I do know LOL Do not need to look like some creepy lingere stalker dude here, I JUST KNOW. It was more an average sale figure of speech, think about it though, can barely even get a steak for that price these days so bump it up a few bucks and you honestly could chose either a 3pk or a 1 man steak. You can also find unopened brand new packs for deals/sales on Ebay or sale/clearance section on websites that carry undergarments.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Thu, Apr 12 2012 12:11 PM In reply to

BB,

Men's undergarments are 1/3 the price of womens undergarments.

Riley
  • Thu, Apr 12 2012 12:25 PM In reply to

Riley, I am fully aware of that my friend. I am not talking men's stuff, I am prefering to women's stuff... I can't even fit into men's ANYTHING because of my height and weight. I have to shop women's or kids departments (generally can't even fit into boys department because they are too baggy and wide so I am really stuck and it's hard to find things and have to go with androgynou kids or juniors department) for EVERYTHING even shoes... so trust me, I KNOW LOL let's just say I KNOW the ropes.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Thu, Apr 12 2012 3:39 PM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

BB - When I say bodacious ta-tas, I mean bodacious.  I have to spend quite a bit to get a flattering fit as very few places can provide what the girls require to look good.  I guess I proved your point, no way would I wear underclothes that aren't adequate.

If we went anywhere, mom always made sure we had nice underwear on because she was afraid if there was a wreck and somebody saw we had on darned or mended panties, they would think she wasn't a good mom.  Sounds weird when I write it out, but it validated her.

This is nuts and something I never thought about, I never consider hanging on to underwear that isn't still like new.  Going to have to think about this some more.  OH, I don't eat steak.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • Thu, Apr 12 2012 5:47 PM In reply to

I once backtalked my mother as a teen, and assured her if I were ever in a car accident, I'd ask the ambulance techs to run me by the house first so I could change. haha

I am really enjoying this thread. :)

• Thu, Apr 12 2012 7:03 PM In reply to

My goodness.  For those concerned about their clothes not getting disinfected well enough if hung to dry...

1) UV light is actually a disinfectant.  Google SODIS for explanation of the concept.  Haven't you heard the political saying that "sunshine is the best disinfectant"?  

2) You can also use vinegar as disinfectant/fabric softener in the wash in addition to/instead of relying on sunlight.  I find it helps on underarm odors on shirts.  My husband has mild OCD and also refuses to wash/dry his clothes in anything warmer than "ultra low" on the dryer.  He was happy to hear the alternative when I suggested it.

• Thu, Apr 12 2012 8:13 PM In reply to

haha grame, you crack me up dear

We are too funny on this topic, I am also picky about my undies lol... I use to go crazy with colors and styles... now I am very picky - I like black... I like nice cotton... I like boy shorts and hipsters and fun boy briefs .. no rat a tat tat undies under the mat kind of dirty drawers over here.. if they made a Victoria's Secrets for men and in my size I'd hit them up down pat but otherwise I find some nice ones and cool deals that are nice thread count and not going to diddly daddly fall apart... I guess you must agree with me nice undergarments are a nice thing to treat ourselves too and enjoy. Everyone had different little pleasures... we are too funny on this topic though, cracking me up rear end style LOL too funny

• Fri, Apr 13 2012 11:27 AM In reply to

• MarthaMFI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • New Westminster, BC, Canada
    • Posts 10,850

bras for bigger girls are so expensive! I was so happy when walmart started carrying them because I rather pay $30 then $130 for a bra.   rattier underwear is saved for that time of the month...no need to wreck the good stuff. but not too ratty lol   

I like the dollar store.for underwear. one called everything for a dollar always seems to have good underwear cheap. so I pick up one or two..check at home to see if they really fit and then go buy more. 

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • Fri, Apr 13 2012 11:54 AM In reply to

Um Martha, 130 for a bra??? are you kidding me??? I know Canada and the US have different prices but I have not heard of 130 for a basic bra... where are you finding that, the Queen of Canada's Closet? LOL???

Dollar Store undies... if one is on an extremely tight budget and honestly can't a afford a few extra bucks for some high thread count and quality underware then okay but if buying at the Dollar Store I would assume the quality would be poor and you get what you pay for which may mean more money in the long run if they get worn and tattered so fast and have to be replaced more often.

I think seperating special needs undies and every day ones is a good idea but special needs ones should be the most durable ones of all not cheapo ones or tattered/torn as special needs ones need to give a person more support and prevent accidents...(urinary, bowel, menstraul, etc. issues)

Page 5 of 8 (79 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us