Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

3/27/12 Daily General

Last post Wed, Mar 28 2012 12:09 PM by Deborahmichelle. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 27 2012 12:14 PM

3/27/12 Daily General

Dear Forumites, The Good L-rd answers all prayers, although often not in the way that we would like, & generally "just" (but crucially) giving us the strength to endure. Still, I find that when I pray for material goods, He SO often answers in "G-dspeed." FOR EXAMPLE, it's my part in Laundry Day to put out what I want washed into the shopping cart, & to spray stains. My bottle of Shout! was almost depleted. I prayed a few minutes & then opened the Walgreens flyer (my Sunday aide picks it up for me, & I had neither read it nor been to Walgreens before this happened.). Lo! & behold! Shout! is on sale this week at 2/$5! SO, naturally, I bought it before it went out of stock .... *** We do laundry only every other week, as it costs nearly $10/laundry!!! It is more economical to have enough washcloths & underwear to last 3 weeks (if I have an emergency aide due to my permanent aide's illness, I defer the laundry. My Monday permanent aide unfortunately has asthma, so is often out.) *** I wrote my checks for April bills yesterday. As always, I'm paying off my interest-bearing (Amazon) VISA in full, but it's steep this month ($264), so I can only pay $75 off my no-interest-f-now (Slate) VISA. (This leaves a balance on Slate of $258.) The $90 shoes were charged to Slate, making a new outstanding balance of $354) .... *** The PAWS (Pets Are Wonderful Support) [this is the blessed agency for Service Dogs & other support animals whose guardians are low-income & seniors or disabled persons.] Ask-A-Vet day is Th, 4/5. My Darling brother is concerned that Heart goes so long between pees -- although we have been out 2-3 times in between pees .... I asked her allergist vet & he said Not-to-worry, but my brother is still concerned. SO, we'll be there! Heart "only" went 14.5 hrs between pees overnight. (Plus, she wasn't clamoring to go out this morning. I had to entice her.) ***Wouldn't you know it! I took out my Spring clothes on Th the 22nd -- & it's been cold &/or rainy almost every day since! Can't win f losing! *** I decided, for the sake of not unnecessarily running up Slate, to buy just one size of the Zappos shoes now. There's free return shipping, so if they don't fit, I can then get the other size. I bought yesterday, & picked the size that the (slight) majority of commentators referred to, maybe the minority were right, in which case I'll need to get the other size. Respectively, these are sizes 10-1/2 & 11 .... I don't want to usurp the $$$ Stretcher daily threads, so don't expect, but would LOVE, to hear your news ...! Yours in Him, Deborah & Heart
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• Tue, Mar 27 2012 12:19 PM In reply to

Re: 3/27/12 Daily General

Deb, maybe girl dogs go longer between pees than boy dogs? My Cinnamon peed occasionally during the day and poo'd once a day. Myka who is a boy can pee almost on demand. so he can wait a long time but if you take him outside he will always pee....and poo's a few times a day.

but Cinnamon died of colon cancer so maybe it is good for a dog to poo more frequently than once a day.

Michelle in Northern Michigan

"Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

• Tue, Mar 27 2012 12:51 PM In reply to

My dear Michelle Cinnamonhuskies, I remember when poor Cinnamon passed to the Rainbow Bridge ... so very sad .... *** Heart poops either once or 2ce a day. *** That's a good theory about girl doggies versus boys. Love in Him, Deborah Heart

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• Tue, Mar 27 2012 12:54 PM In reply to

Deb, although it won't hurt anything to check it out, I wouldn't worry too much about Heart
    & her tinkles. I would think the problem would be if she were trying to pee, but couldn't. The fact that she goes a long time inbetween is just.... I dunno, maybe she likes to hold it a while. But it never hurts to check it out! She is so important that I think it's great to check EVERYTHING just to be safe. It's sweet that your Dear Brother worries about Heart now, too!!   :)
    SAHM to 2 toddlers and 2 cats! Happily married to my soul mate! How could life get any better!?!
  • Tue, Mar 27 2012 2:07 PM In reply to

My dear Aloha, I think that you are right, it never hurts to check things out, but as the allergist vet said, I don't think it's anything to worry about .... Heart just likes to get exercise whenever she can. She is a Dr Jeckle & Mr Hyde; she lets me carry her &/or sit on my lap for 1 or even 2 hours at a time, but when she "walks," she generally trots! Love in Him, Deborah & Heart

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• Tue, Mar 27 2012 3:31 PM In reply to

I budgeted $1,000 from my income tax refund...for car yearly maintenancing this is what I have had done so far...

• Oil/cabin air filter done a few weeks back $60 car smells better inside- was given an inspection and the following items need done to keep up my warrenty.
    • Started off the day with getting my car timing belt done at the dealer ship $350 later (used my tax refund) next week will get the fluids done I do 1-3 hour repairs at a time since I have a crazy schedule plus hate to spend my days off at the repair shop.
    • All the fluids systems flushed car is at 72,500 miles want to keep it running good all year this will get done next week after checking around it will cost about $300-$400
    • In May yearly tagss already budgeted usually around $200

DD is having surgery the 2nd week of April so we have been playing clean the extra freezer out and get ready for her to move to grandma's house for 6 months due to needing the use of a wheelchair and older mobile homes can't fit a wheelchair can't even fit yourself and a cat in the hall ways...

So food purchasing has & will go down for 6 month but the GAS price that I budget will go up due to the extra driving to grandma's and to Dr appointments every 2 weeks... I will be getting the extra freezer emptyed and get ready to fill in May with Bulk Oamc meals for my lunches/dinners to cut my budget as well today I picked up 10 freezer ball containers LOVE THEM for $1.00 each this will allow me to do 10 meal for work. so all I have to do is grab and go.. I will be preparing every Monday the meal plan for the week and do shopping for fresh veggies/fruits and any bulk cooking I will need to do..

http://jayashiangel.blogspot.com/
    http://tactilepleasure.blogspot.com/

Cell Phone Holders 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 18
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 13
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2013 YTD 36
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2012 YTD 21

• Tue, Mar 27 2012 3:47 PM In reply to

Hi My Friend, Happy Tuesday to you dear. I'm sorry Heart might be having concerns. How many times a day are you feeding her? 2 meals - morning and night?A healthy colon will suggest food in ---> food out so if 2 meals a day than two bowel movements would be a healthy flow of the gastrointestional tract... She may still trying to be adjusted to her change in diet? not sure how long ago you switched meats and treats. Hydration is also a factor. Sometimes even adding some fresh fruit and veggies as treats can help if it's just a mild constipation issue. I'm thinking of you both. Goodluck with laundry day. I need to do mine here! I love how the Lord blessed you with SHOUT! SHOUT to the LORD with gratitude! Shout, I shout, SHOUT! (big smiles) My daily general is... leaving here now to take the car into the shop, Mom will drive us back and then we have a power prayer session with my Pastor and his best prayer warrior over here because I need major prayer for healing ... Then pick up car, do a quick errand and come back to finish dinner... have a crock pot of black beans/onions going and it has made a nice aroma throughout the house. Love to you and Heart and all our other fabulous forum friends today!
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Tue, Mar 27 2012 5:49 PM In reply to

Dear Jayashiangel, What a cute tag you have in your signature block (re marriage)! *** So sorry to hear of your daughter's surgery .... *** Sounds like you're a wise steward of your money .... Yours in Him, Deborah *** Dear BargainBinge, No, in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with Heart's elimination situation. (She does eat 2ce a day, has snacks/treats at other times.) It's my Darling brother who is concerned. *** I didn't keep a record (though I should have), but I think it's only been 2 weeks that she has been on only salmon kibble (Taste of the Wild -- she was on half each bison/venison & salmon for about the prior 2 months, mainly because I wanted to use up the meat TotW from the open package). She has been on vegan & salmon treats, no beef, for about 2-1/2 months.) *** Crockpots are SO good for cooking beans! *** I'm with your Pastor & the prayer warrior in speaking to the Good L-rd daily for fortitude & healing for you. Are the antibiotics making a real difference? *** Once again, if you post in Government & Charity Assitance your situation about paying for the operations, etc, I can try to do some research for you. Let me note that I can only jocularly refer to "advice," as I'm no longer an attorney, & I sadly regret having used that word both in my prior offer to you, &, I think, somewhere in Government & Charity Assistance today .... It is so hard to parse every word correctly! Love in Him, Deborah & Heart

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• Tue, Mar 27 2012 8:30 PM In reply to

wow debra you sure staying off the streets and out of trouble boy your busy as usal cool at least ithelps doing your thing keep trucking and your doing fine...

• Tue, Mar 27 2012 9:19 PM In reply to

Thank you Deb, I thank the Lord in advance for a full healing. I got a real booster shot of hope today during our prayer session. My Pastor is a great friend and brother in Christ and is always there for me. It was so kind of them to travel to my home today. Thank you for keeping faith and always showing gratitude and glory to the Lord.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us