Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes!

Last post Mon, Mar 26 2012 10:58 AM by Helene. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 17 2012 5:17 AM

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes!

Thank you all for the beautiful birthday wishes. I honestly can't tell you how touching it was to see the nice posts and comments left from those who chose to take a moment of their time to write and care when they read it was my birthday! These are not just "online" wishes but rather special sentiments to me that I do remember and appreciate. It is nice to feel appreciated. Thanks again. God bless you all.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Sat, Mar 17 2012 9:33 PM In reply to

Re: Thank you all for the Birthday wishes!

Ok we see this do you feel like a 90 year old yet geess you won't happy days bing they we get much better and better if not then I will have the woof woof shorten your sheets in your room..

• Sun, Mar 18 2012 8:43 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

I am glad it was a special day for you. We all need those in between our daily routines and the ups and downs of life.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Sun, Mar 18 2012 11:29 AM In reply to

Brandy, I'm still waiting for my Happy Birthday from you! LOL, you are one of the few that didn't say it... prior, on or before!??? Actually the only one I friendly interact with here who didn't and was hoping to see you aboard the birthday blessings...but nothing... Not sure why either, still open for the nice thought if you care to take a second, rolls eyes and Taps foot::: you also have major mail, 2 to be exact - one that's been long gone waiting a response and one upset from a lack of one. I give up!
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Sun, Mar 18 2012 4:51 PM In reply to

The post just before yours says that she is glad you had a special day BB.  I think it is most rude to point out that she never actually said Happy Birthday.  That is putting her on the spot and I'd just be very thankful for all the best wishes you DID receive.

Sally.

• Sun, Mar 18 2012 5:26 PM In reply to

Sally, I see your point of view and I am MOST appreciative to those who did stop to say happy birthday. I made that clear all over the posts and also to some on inbox messages I sent additional thank yous too. I don't read/follow those words as personal as a happy birthday/happy belated and take it differently. If I didn't consider someone a friend here I would not have even bothered to open my trap. Everyone operates on different emotional levels so maybe something vague to you is taken differently than how I might take it. There are certain folks I have drawn closer to on these boards and around them I guess I am a bit more sensitive to specific things. That's all. And Brandy is not on inbox right now or for days from our last tag so I made the decision to just respond back here verse send another inbox for her to have to go through and I am fully aware of how it might sound to an outsider who doesn't share my emotions on this one. Call it rude, I am calling it being honest. I can see how it would be considered both. I can also see how other acts might be considered as such as well.

• Mon, Mar 26 2012 10:58 AM In reply to

• Helene
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 24 2009
    • Posts 721

It is nice with the fraternity here: - ) Sometimes, life is just so hectic, one doesn't always find the time to read every new thread or even to enter the forum for days. Perhaps Brandy has just been busy, BB, and she says she's happy you had a special day... to me it sounds like Happy Birthday, just written in a different way: - ).

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us