Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Thursday, March 15 $$$ stretching

Last post Thu, Mar 15 2012 11:33 PM by Sallybabe56. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 15 2012 12:03 AM

Thursday, March 15 $$$ stretching

Good morning ... we're five days from the start of spring.   (though many of us have near-summer weather)

Anyway, how are you stretching $$ today?

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
  • Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:43 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

Re: Thursday, March 15 $$$ stretching

it was actually 80  yeasterday in WNC ... we should be in the high 39;s or 40 .. and at night alot colder ...  I acutualy got the celling fan in the family room  ..

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Thu, Mar 15 2012 8:14 AM In reply to

It was 82 here in central NC yesterday, supposed be that warm for the next few days.  Today should be a semi stretchy day.  Only money out will be to take DS#2 our for his birthday supper (he turns 18 today) at our local Chinese place.  I need to do some house cleaning today so will take care of that early and have the rest of the day free to work on a couple small outdoor things I need to do.  I would also like to work in my craft room for a while this afternoon.

When your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep is your downfall. - Unknown
  • Thu, Mar 15 2012 8:28 AM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Good Morning, 41 and cloudy in Vermont. We will get a shower later but that is good since we had no snow this winter. We will need these spring showers to get the grass and plants growing.  HOme today with two kids.  Need Dh to come home for an hour so I can go see my Mom.  DD#2 normally goes on Wed but she has a sore throat so couldnt see her. Not allowed to visit if sick.  I will have to get gas before going as I am on empty. So at least $40 out for a little gas.  Need to plan for dinner.  Not sure what it will be for today. DH is planning on a trip to the dump. We have a broken patio table, a broken chair, few other things that need to leave here. The table broke from the Halloween snow.  Not sure if I will replace it or not.  It was an extra from MIL. Nice to have but didnt really need it.  DH is painting in our hall. I want to get a new rug for it.  Other than that just home for the day. Have a blessed day, Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Thu, Mar 15 2012 10:03 AM In reply to

Happy Birthday Shellia's son! Supposed to be 84 here in eastern NC today. I'm dreading summer if it is already this hot so early. At least the humidity is low. Money out today for DH's meds from speciality pharamacy. Working all day and all meals from home. Need to do some yard work this afternoon. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!

• Thu, Mar 15 2012 10:53 AM In reply to

• Jetamio
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 9 2011
    • Colorado
    • Posts 296

Low 70's here today.  Things are really starting to green up around here.  Some of my lilac bushes are starting to bud.  They are my all time favorite flower.  Down for a couple of days with a stomach bug and back at work today.  Still feeling off but hungry this morning so that's a start.  Should be a stretchy day today.  I'm looking forward to this weekend.  The weather should be nice and I'm planning on doing some painting inside and working a bit in the yard.  Have a good day!

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” Mahatma Gandhi
  • Thu, Mar 15 2012 12:50 PM In reply to

Light breezes and rain for today is what the weatherman predicted. I have a little housework to do and then the rest of the day is for reading and relaxing. It is too wet to work in the yard after it raining all day yesterday. My backyard is like swamp land today. DD is supposed to come over at some point today so I will catch up with her while she is here. I need to figure out a plan for dinner tonight.
    Riley
  • Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:20 PM In reply to

Oh totally moody this morning mood sinker first came the high feeling then bottem out on me it kicked my butt so just a quickie note of hello and no spending today Im going back to bed to have the meds kick in whoa hate thoses highs because the sinker gets me in a real bad mood hope no one else is bipolar around here Im warning you all to look at family members if they are to get help fast its not a pretty picture.

• Thu, Mar 15 2012 4:42 PM In reply to

Another beautiful day here ... think the rain is about to arrive, though.

Walked into the bathroom last night to discover we had an ant invasion.   Figured out where they were going, and put some Tero down ... I think the whole colony came out to get some Yes  Will have to reapply again tonight.

Trying to figure out why the chamber in the airbed is leaking.  Last time, had to replace it ... think I'd better check on prices ...

My project for tonight is to start on taxes ...

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
  • Thu, Mar 15 2012 5:12 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

today my DD 16 started her frist job she working at the local grocery store  ( all the kids did it was just a rite of passage)  she was a bundle of nerves  She said will you be here when I am done I said yes Sissy she almost cried .

Found out today that my DD  the oldest one is getting married again this time he is a keeper an MD who has two sons both aslo Drs they moved here about 3 years ago we met them when my Brother talked to him about working at Cherokee .. he and she have been dating his boys are in late 20's and early 30's  and her kid are 8 6 4 3 and 2  so it interesting he drove over to met with DH yesterday he gave him our blessing  he and she took me to lunch they want to get married on 21 of the month . that the day we were married so way DS #1 and 2  now them .. what joy she want my BIL to marry them and her Daddy to give her away she wearing  a really nice blue suit I have .. and she asked Em to stand up with her  and also DD #2

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us