Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

What's For Dinner, The Spring Edition

Last post Mon, Jun 18 2012 8:36 PM by sissy. 1102 replies.
Page 32 of 111 (1103 items) « First ... < Previous 30 31 32 33 34 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 2 2012 11:11 AM In reply to

Re: What's For Dinner, The Spring Edition

BB,

Thanks for your concern. Believe me that will be the last time I pick up a case of water. My 2 strong Popeye's will take care of it for me. My husband gave me a nice lecture about leaving it in the car until one of them gets home to get it out for me. It is feeling better today so I will just take it easy for the next couple of days to let it finish healing.

Riley
  • Mon, Apr 2 2012 3:24 PM In reply to

Tis' a beautiful day over here! Rejoice, the Lord has you all blessed well. I woke up to the most delicious smell ever of fresh black and red beans + leeks, cumin and Mexican seasonings from my slow cooker. DIVINE way to start the day! Monday is menu planned Mexican. I'll ve serving this crock pot of beans, sauteeing up some Mexican spiced chicken and probably doing entree Mexican chicken salads with it to help use up crunchy produce that will need to be used since oral surgery is tomorrow and no crunchin' after that lol (it's all soft crunch stuff anyways, hard stuff had to go awhile ago - but still, get the idea)... I have freezer pulled my healing Mexican soup and may add hominny to it, not sure yet. I want tonight to be cheerful, fun and festive before surgery ahead. Enjoy your days, can't wait to see what you all have planned for dinner too!

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:35 PM In reply to

Dinner tonight will be pancakes, bacon and fruit.
    Riley
  • Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:50 PM In reply to

Riley, breakfast for dinner at your place! Do you make good hotcakes? I am so not a pancake chef, have to have them made for me by someone else lol  Your dinner last night sounded so good, brought out even the popeye in me lol and you know I'm not a steak dude but that was total drool worthy steak house at your place. Do you marinate them? lots of garlic?

Tonight is Mexican and so delicious before surgery.Taking full advantage of food today LOL

• Fresh strawvberries and perfectly ripe mangos
    • Fresh candied yellow zucchini - basically steamed yellow zucchini tossed with local raw honey, raw walnuts and cinnamon/sugar
    • Freezer pull homemade healing Mexican soup - this was one I made for fish soup but there's no fish in it since that always gets put in last. I had saved the actual soup, pre-fish addition, for freezer pulll sooo glad I did. It's got a lovely combo of green chilis, onions, spinach, celery, fire roasted tomatoes, whole black beans, garlic I am sure and so on... sooo good.
    • Homemade slow cooker black and red beans with fresh sliced leeks and cumin/Mexican spices... sooo good I will never leave leeks out again lol Topped with fresh green onions and optional Mexican shredded cheese
    • Entree is chicken-fiesta tossed salad! Fresh chopped organic romaine hearts, roma tomatoes, red-yellow-green-orange bell peppers, green onion, roasted garlic, sliced mushrooms, avocado, sauteed Mexican seasoned chicken and fresh cinlantro on top!
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:19 AM In reply to

Oral surgery today had to be rescheduled due to health complications that came up, better to play it safe than sorry. Now I must figure out menu planning since I had planned to be out of the usual cooking space during healing and on mush and soft foods. I still have a lot of other stuff to work with though but right now need to go rest, been a heck of a night and morning and just now getting to bed... 8 am!

• Tue, Apr 3 2012 12:07 PM In reply to

BB,

Breakfast for dinner hit the spot last night. I am trying to use up a box of Bisquick that has been in the cupboard for a while. My son loves Bisquick pancakes. My steaks had a really good flavor. My DH does the grilling at my house. They were a cheaper cut of steak so I tenderized them and then put on some Weber steak seasoning mix that my DH had received from a vendor of his that we wanted to try. It was really good. We usually marinate the tri-tip when we make it. We use Mr. Yoshidas gourmet sauce and lots of garlic and black pepper. We let it marinate overnight then grill.

You dinner sounds really good. Glad you enjoyed it before your surgery. Hopefully it won't be too long before you are able to eat what you want again and be pain free.

Riley
  • Tue, Apr 3 2012 12:51 PM In reply to

BB, hope you're feeling better today! Dinner last night (couldn't get on the DS forums) was chicken curry with spinach and fenugreek from a Cook's Illustrated recipe. Doing a review of it for my blog (review will be up Thursday). Tonight is butterflied, grilled chicken with roasted beets & charred sweet potatoes (leftovers will be used to make roasted root veggie stew) with creamy sorrel soup.
    "This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in oncomming traffic." -Terry Pratchett

Blog: www.shwankie.net
    Twitter: EclecticEdibles
  • Tue, Apr 3 2012 12:56 PM In reply to

Yesterday was baked potatoes with varoius toppings, cauliflower & cheese, celery & carrot sticks & oranges.

Tonight will be pulled pork on toasted buns with sweet potato fries & corn. Green salad & grapes

• Tue, Apr 3 2012 4:25 PM In reply to

Thank you friends, I had wrote a small post earlier saying I had to reschedule oral surgery. This morning has been a line up of health and household emergencies, I won't even dare get into it but let's just say that 1. this has been one of the most challenging/hardest/stressful days in a long time and 2. God sorted things out and I can rest now. Friday I will be going for my surgery. I must not over due anything until then. Anyhow, now I must menu plan the next 3 dinners before Friday's surgery. I need a meat break... tonight will be perfect for vegetarian offerings. I have some yummy produce to roast and am feeling the comfort need for either my signature hand smashed potatoes w/broccoli and cheese OR  a healthy homemade pasta dish of spirals n cheese using veggie spirals. We'll see.

• Tue, Apr 3 2012 5:24 PM In reply to

Ah .. Angel Lush ... it's a Jell-O pudding recipe that uses angel food cake.   I however, make it like a trifle rather than a layer cake ... mush easier to deal with.

Here's the recipe: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/angel-lush-51103.aspx

Anyway, yesterday at my house it was a ham slice from the freezer, and use-it-up day on leftovers. Great Northern Beans, cooked with salt, pepper, garlic and a dash or 2 of chipolte sauce; pureed pumpkin with butter and brown sugar and salad.   Dh had the last of the angel lush, I had fresh pineapple over a bit of angel food cake

Today will be leftover chicken strips with corn ....  maybe a brownie for dessert.

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
Page 32 of 111 (1103 items) « First ... < Previous 30 31 32 33 34 Next > ... Last »
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us