Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

What's For Dinner, The Spring Edition

Last post 06-18-2012 8:36 PM by sissy. 1102 replies.
Page 1 of 111 (1103 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-13-2012 8:24 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

What's For Dinner, The Spring Edition

For many of us, it's nice and warm out. For the rest, spring is around the corner. Let's share what we are eating this season for dinner.

Are your meals changing because winter and it's cold has passed?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 03-13-2012 9:21 AM In reply to

Re: What's For Dinner, The Spring Edition

We had chili the other night only because it used up things I had on hand, and dh declared it a fall-winter meal LOL.

I almost grilled burgers last night but it was pouring rain; so i cooked them on the wood stove instead with fries in the cookstove oven.

Other Meals this Week:

Poormans Steak

Salmon Patties

Roast chicken

Goulash

eating out at Qdoba's.

Could change if I get an urge to grill outside.

Michelle in Northern Michigan

"Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

• 03-13-2012 11:22 AM In reply to

Tonight is taco salad and sweet tea.

• 03-13-2012 11:27 AM In reply to

We are going to lighten up our meals a bit around here, not because it is spring but because the dr told DH that he needs to lose about 20 pounds. We will be serving more salads, more vegetables and less rice, potatoes and pasta. We grill all year around since we have a covered patio and the grill is under the patio. This week everything will be cooked inside because we are out of propane.
    Riley
  • 03-13-2012 12:09 PM In reply to

Tonight will be Asian oriented. I just started a crock pot of healing Asian soup with fresh veggies: baby bok boy, carrots, celery, green onions, medicinal Asian mushrooms, seaweed, fresh parsley, TONS of garlic, ginger, a little soy and selected spices. Water to fill... I am planning a healthy Thai green curry with eggplant, green beans and assorted greens to serve with Thai jasmine rice. Fresh fruit and veggie sides to follow, will report the final outcome later... looking forward to this soup though! It's raining here and will be very wet and cold today.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 03-13-2012 2:33 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Tonight I have the company to feed so I am making the ground meat with gravy on rice with peas, cornbread and salad.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 03-13-2012 3:28 PM In reply to

what you got sick of the winter addition brandy still wenter...lol Just kidding I know its around the corner..

Me having a noodle veggie,beans cassarole dish today with ham in it.

• 03-13-2012 3:40 PM In reply to

shake and bake pork, mashed potatoes and veggies.  discovered that everyone like the shake and bake pork sirlions so easy meal for me!

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • 03-13-2012 3:57 PM In reply to

Oh rub it in sneak over at your house and hide behind the picture in the kitchen and when no one is looking I get a bite yummie sounds good martha.

• 03-13-2012 5:42 PM In reply to

Time for Sping, eh? 

At my house: Chicken dogs, served with salad.   Fresh strawberries for dessert. 

(Yesterday, ate out because DH had a meeting in the evening ....)

Page 1 of 111 (1103 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us