Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Spring Fling Dollar Store Decor!?

Last post Wed, Mar 28 2012 9:23 AM by BargainBinge. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 12 2012 9:17 PM

Spring Fling Dollar Store Decor!?

Spring is starting to fling at the dollar store and what a great time to stalk up on crafty decor!

Read that sentence outloud, it's catchy lol

Have some fun here folks. Share your ideas on how to use spring decor in new and exciting ways. Re-invent or re-vamp the traditional ways to use things into crafty new excuses! See that fabulous find in the corner... go grab it... it's small metal painted planter and while some may think they have to use it outside to garden the creative bargain hunters may have something else up their sleeve... How about an indoor candle garden? a new place to put size approperiate books? a trio toliet paper roll holder??? never get stuck short shotted again lol we all know that's the worse... extra rolls near by = handy, keep the decor cute! How about some handy helpers please!

What are your favorite ways to play with your fabulous finds this spring??? Pictures welcome! I'd love to hear other's ideas. There are so many cute garden and colorful this and that items out right now to use for creative decor and handy helpers.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Mon, Mar 12 2012 10:22 PM In reply to

Re: Spring Fling Dollar Store Decor!?

COOL time to gonuts its gonna be spring soon I like those small cups plastic ones that have bright azz colors to it I use them for seed starters and when the plant grows abit that be the herbs I can leave it in it and then put them out on the porch to get sun light and cute little planters are cheap that way and no don't worry I don't roll up herbs in zig zag pappers and smoke it, they are great for asain salad

• Wed, Mar 28 2012 2:57 AM In reply to

Cute but I am still looking for ideas. I do need to do some work. Currently I have to montiors but will be getting a 3rd. Maybe something cute for around the screens?

compare franking machine|cool stuff|business telephone system
  • Wed, Mar 28 2012 9:23 AM In reply to

Juanita, I would not recommend anything covering the monitors. They get hot at times and need space to BREATH and ventilate. I also wouldn't recommend anything sticky. Your best bet if you did want to do something on the monitor might be fuzzy car steeting wheel covers to only cover the frame if you are using LCD square monitors... They also make safe putty to "stick" fun shapes on the monitor and there are always those jelly window designs that can jazz up corners of the monitor or the base around it... these are some solid ideas.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us