Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Yards and Frugality

Last post Fri, Jul 6 2012 10:54 PM by greeder. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 7 2012 4:12 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Yards and Frugality

Spring is coming around, are you ready for lawncare?

How do you keep the costs of lawn and garden maintenance down?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Wed, Mar 7 2012 5:16 PM In reply to

Re: Yards and Frugality

Brandy:
    How do you keep the costs of lawn and garden maintenance down?

At our house, it's do-it-yourself.  I can't afford lawn care, & even if I could, I don't like the chemicals they use.

• Wed, Mar 7 2012 7:34 PM In reply to

DH does all the mowing, hedge-trimming, ect.    I keep the gardens simple so they don't need a lot of fussing.   We have used a lawn service, but are going it alone this year ... though we're going to have to spend $$ for re-seeding ...

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
  • Wed, Mar 7 2012 7:59 PM In reply to

My guys take care of all lawn maintenance. My husband loves to mow the lawn. He says it's relaxing. I take care of my garden.
    Riley
  • Wed, Mar 7 2012 8:11 PM In reply to

I mow... once in a great while I borrow my neighbor's edger.  I take care of the gardens, flower and vegetable.  If I don't do it, it doesn't get done, as it's just me here.
  • Sun, Jun 17 2012 4:08 PM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

I bought a new weed eater. the old one died! Spent $89.on a Ryobi brand. IN the past, we bought Black and Decker. The Ryobi is much better. It will charge the battery in an hour or less. Has a lithium battery.  The Black and Decker would take all day and night to charge.  Worth the money to be. I have a large area that cant cut with the lawn mower. Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Fri, Jul 6 2012 10:54 PM In reply to

Whoops! And there it goes...

The biggest lawn care expense is the lawn mower.  Here's the thing.  A perfect lawn is expensive.  You can save a lot of money If you can live with a less than perfect lawn.So my lawn has a few weeds, and bare spots.

But the costs of maintaining the lawn are well worth having the yard in the first place.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us