Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

What colors are your walls??

Last post Thu, Jul 12 2012 3:40 PM by budgetwise. 30 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 2 2012 11:51 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Re: What colors are your walls??

mamasjob:
    All our bedrooms are some shade of blue, except DD

My daughter's is the only room in our house that is blue. It's a pretty blue with white trim that works with her floral  princess theme.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Fri, Mar 2 2012 3:44 PM In reply to

Our entire home is a creamy beige-have used the same color for years even when we re-paint. I use color in drapes, blind toppers, throws and throw pillows for accent  or to brighten or change the look of a room as needed.
  • Fri, Mar 2 2012 8:17 PM In reply to

light beige and we got alot of pannelling this house is ranch style house built back in 1960before my time so wee had to work with wood panels brighten it up the regluar walls last year this year cielings are going to get it.... And we got solar pannels to go in the ceiling in the long hall we have with that dam wood panelling so to have a naturel look in there solar tubes are in stalled along with the solar pannelon the roof for heatting.

• Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:24 AM In reply to

All of our walls are country white.  We painted our master bath ice water (light blue) when we moved in, but painted it country white too after a couple of years!  It just easier to change decor than paint!

• Mon, Mar 5 2012 11:38 PM In reply to

Living room/dining room/kitchen (one room wrapped around the basement stairs), pale yellow with one darker yellow wall along the long end, and a white ceiling to tie in with the white hall.

Guest room is cream, including the ceiling, with mauve trim (I found a can of mauve in the clearance bin at Home Depot)

Office is cream, including the ceiling, with green trim (green also from the clearance bin)

My bedroom is light blue, including the ceiling, with mid-blue trim; the bathroom is reversed, the mid-blue on the walls and light blue on the trim

Guest bathroom is light green.

• Tue, Mar 13 2012 9:05 AM In reply to

Whatever the $5 a gallon oops paints were that i found at home Depot, Lowes, or menards. Seriously.

Living room: golden yellow

Bedroom: bluish-lavendar

Loft room: grey-blue

Stove room: light blue

Utility room: mint green

Bathroom: not renovated yet

Upstairs: Not renovated yet

Sons room: not renovated yet but he wants olive green if possible

Kitchen: no paint, all knotty pine walls

Michelle in Northern Michigan

"Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

• Tue, Mar 13 2012 4:57 PM In reply to

I love the oops paints, too, and always find a bucket of something I could use.  I recently picked up a gallon of tannish-taupe hi-grade floor enamel at Sears Hardware for $7.97.  I think it'll be perfect for the basement steps and landing...Liz.

• Wed, Mar 14 2012 9:46 AM In reply to

When you can find the cement or porch&floor paints on the oops rack its like hitting the lottery LOL! I got 2 that way. One color i did not care for on the floor because it was too light, so i used it on the concrete chimney that runs up the center of our house.

Michelle in Northern Michigan

"Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

• Fri, Mar 16 2012 7:42 PM In reply to

I live in a rental so i didn't pick these colors...walls are white in most rooms.  In the bathroom they are "shockua" or "shocking aqua" which the land lady had left over from painting some sort of trim at her house.  I hate it, but I don't spend much time in there so it doesn't really matter.

Have you chosen your colors yet?

• Fri, Mar 16 2012 9:01 PM In reply to

Maggie Trudeau:

Have you chosen your colors yet?

I'm going to do the living room and main hall with a light taupe and do the trim in white - a change for me because I've been painting baseboards the same color as the walls for years.  We're putting down woodgrain vinyl and I like the look of it with white trim that I see all over these days, even though they make matching trim for the flooring we're using. 

An ocean gray/blue for the bathroom, I think, since it'll go nice with the beige bathtub tile, but no hurry there.

The main question is still our bedroom.  I may either use the same taupe as the rest of the house or go a few shades lighter but I like very light sage green, too.  It'll probably depend on what kind of bedding and curtains I can find on-the-cheap, lol!  Liz.

Page 2 of 4 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us