Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Home made expectorant/decongestant

Last post 02-26-2012 9:16 PM by seaturtle. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2012 12:22 AM

Home made expectorant/decongestant

I am in the middle of a really nasty virus that's going around. What can I use to get the phlegm out of my lungs and sinuses?

• 02-25-2012 12:32 AM In reply to

Re: Home made expectorant/decongestant

Hot water , honey and lemon juice.  Also Ribena which is a blackberry syrup drink - that loosens the phlegm.  Make it with boiling hot water and sip slowly.  Hope you feel better soon.  Sally.
  • 02-25-2012 4:56 AM In reply to

neti pot or nasal flush with sea salt/water... hot facial steam and compress with eucalyptus oil - mint works well too ... raw onions... spicy peppers... hot tea with lemon and honey like sally suggested... rooting for you dear, praying faithfully

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 02-25-2012 12:36 PM In reply to

A long hot shower usually seems to clear me out. Wishing you all the best!

• 02-25-2012 7:16 PM In reply to

Mint tea ... .   Sounds odd, but chewing peppermint gum can help too. Hang in there ... some nasty stuff going around this year.

• 02-25-2012 7:43 PM In reply to

pepper min tea and mint tea-also put face over the bathroom sink and make sure its 12 inch's above sink and inhale steam from really hot water ...good luck

• 02-25-2012 8:24 PM In reply to

Mostly decongestant, but it really clears it out, if you can take the scent- Boil apple cider vinegar ( smells slightly better than white, and I usually have it ), turn off heat, use a towel over your head and inhale. It will feel weird in a thousand different ways, but it works. I also hydrate with extra water and herbal teas. If it is really bad, I'll drink pedialyte. Also, spicy soups! The spicier the better.
  • 02-26-2012 7:02 PM In reply to

Spicy soups for SURE, especially good for healing in general but a must for this... Bring on some serious healing with spicy Thai and Mexican soups. Bring it on!

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 02-26-2012 9:16 PM In reply to

Thanks, everyone!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us