Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

WARNING ON SENSITIVE CONTENT: Cloth Feminine Products

Last post 03-20-2012 10:44 AM by MarthaMFI. 56 replies.
Page 3 of 6 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-18-2012 6:59 PM In reply to

• Juana
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 08-13-2011
    • Cincinnati
    • Posts 180

Re: WARNING ON SENSITIVE CONTENT: Cloth Feminine Products

Maggie Trudeau:

Those looking for thrifty options, yet not wanting to sew their own, or take my sister's final snarky advice "just wad up an old t-shirt"...might explore the etsy options.

So would this be a bad time to share that I actually have used cut up old t-shirts? Embarrassed I was stuck at home in a blizzard and had run out of options.

I did get my first one from Etsy just to try it out, and I'm really liking it. The seller has bulk discounts for larger orders so I'm probably going to contact her about getting some more.

• 02-18-2012 7:50 PM In reply to

TizzyLizzy:

You tell Cindy I'm right with her - not to depress all of you, but I just turned 54 and am STILL waiting to stop and have to take hormones to keep it away.  Tried to come off them last year and it didn't work Stick out tongue.  And I only got two winters of being nice and warm and now I'm back to freezing again, so when the sweats stop, they REALLY stop.  Too bad the other hasn't....Liz.

Tizzy I will tell her this when we instant message on the computer tonight thanks,She just hates the hot part my sil is going threw of being cold at this time thanks both didn't stop for you and cindy...

chrissanne
  • 02-18-2012 7:51 PM In reply to

Maggie Trudeau:

Just an FYI for those looking into the reusable pads.  My sister was on etsy yesterday and ran into some.  She expressed surprise that ANYONE would do this.  Then I reminded her that most women on the planet use some sort of reusable arrangement.  We're not all able to just flush away our problems.

ANYWAY:  she said there are many styles and the prices are way lower than the "brand name" reusable pads.    Those looking for thrifty options, yet not wanting to sew their own, or take my sister's final snarky advice "just wad up an old t-shirt"...might explore the etsy options.

Cool thanks maggie

chrissanne
  • 02-19-2012 4:38 PM In reply to

lol hey you got to use what you can!   wouldn't washcloths or hand towels work too in a pinch or to be recycled.   old receiving blankets too.  I keep those for bird shoulder bibs..so they don't poop on shirts. 

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • 02-19-2012 6:04 PM In reply to

I must admit, when my sister mentioned the t-shirts I thought "that is not a bad idea...though probably not "wadded", better to fold them"

She's not quite as practical as those of us on this forum. 

• 02-20-2012 10:00 AM In reply to

those of you that have purchased them, is there one particular seller that you are pleased with? I notice that on Etsy some look well made and others like kinds thrown together and stitched sloppily.

Yes you can use towels and baby blankets to make them...read Rolos link to hillbilly Housewife, she offers alternatives to sewing.

Michelle in Northern Michigan

"Those who would surrender liberty for security deserve neither" - Ben Franklin

• 02-20-2012 10:39 AM In reply to

being creative it what it is about lol

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • 02-21-2012 7:44 PM In reply to

Oh this is creative martha remember back in the late seventies when those belts connexted to the sensitve nature of manufactured pads hated those cindy had to wear those way before me and my ms had to I think they fazed out in the 80's

chrissanne
  • 02-21-2012 9:52 PM In reply to

• Juana
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 08-13-2011
    • Cincinnati
    • Posts 180

Cinnamonhuskies:

those of you that have purchased them, is there one particular seller that you are pleased with? I notice that on Etsy some look well made and others like kinds thrown together and stitched sloppily.

I ordered from this seller: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MommysClothTreasures

I just got one and I like it, but I'll probably try some different types from different sellers before I spend the money on a bigger order.

I've also heard a lot of good things about the pads from here: http://www.partypantspads.com/shop/pads ...but they're a lot more expensive than Etsy if you need overnights or higher absorbency.

• 02-21-2012 9:55 PM In reply to

uhh how about those old diapers from kids when they are babies you try tothink what to do with them they make great pads if you do it your self and no bulk to worry about threw thejeans.

Page 3 of 6 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us