Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Ok here is my question for today..

Last post 02-13-2012 4:08 PM by BargainBinge. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-13-2012 1:48 PM In reply to

Re: Ok here is my question for today..

When I research it on the net it says made from unpasturized sheep milk. I will not let this one go until someone logically explains to me how a baby lamb can produce and give milk? This is a matter of anatomy and physiology here. How can a mammal that does not have sexual reproductive system or glands developed yet produce something it needs in order to produce??? You can't just pull info from the net and label it as lamb cheese. I need some science here folks. Please link me to whatever you are finding that states you can MILK a lamb not a sheep. Sheep milk is not lamb milk as a sheep or ewe is an adult lamb that CAN produce milk but a lamb is a baby.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 02-13-2012 1:54 PM In reply to

Go to google search. Keyword "kasseri" ... why do the links say "made from sheeps (or goat or cow) milk" ??? but then this one Grame posted apparently states different. I stand firm on my point until someone has valid SCIENTIFIC studies/information to back up the belief that you can milk a lamb and make cheese from that milk.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 02-13-2012 1:56 PM In reply to

Kaşar Cheese It is also produced from sheep's or cow's milk. But in the Thracian region, kaşar especially that made from sheep's milk is traditional and one of the most important dairy products of the region. Rennet curdles the milk, then it is strained and the curd is boiled in salt water. After boiling cheese, the curd becomes like dough due to the heat. It is placed in round moulds and cooled. After being shaped, it is removed from the mould. Kaşar cheese made from sheep's milk is produced as large wheels and during the ageing process the outer part is allowed to dry which then forms a crust. Some of the cheeses which are produced from cow's milk have a crust but most are vacuum-packed. Both types are eaten at breakfast, however the fresh cheese is also consumed in toasted sandwiches or on baked foods in the same way as mozzarella cheese. - From the same website Grame posted...
  • 02-13-2012 1:57 PM In reply to

http://www.turkishculture.org/culinary-arts/cheeses/turkish-cheeses-499.htm
  • 02-13-2012 2:10 PM In reply to

Labeling sheep... lamb (infancy to age 1) --> sheep (after age 1) ---> hoggot (middle aged sheep) --> mutton (older sheep)... Ewe (female adult sheep) ... Whethers (male adult sheep)... So tell me how an infant to age 1 mammal can produce organs and glands readily available for child birth and feeding which is what milk glands/ducts are produced for??? This is the most outlandish concept I have ever heard of in my entire life. If this is true someone throw a brick in my face and correct me. Otherwise I stand firm on that brick and am not moving, lol.
  • 02-13-2012 3:18 PM In reply to

wow sounds good

chrissanne
  • 02-13-2012 3:21 PM In reply to

our rite I looked it up too and no bricks so you all are right and we will end this with a bighug for b.b he needs it and so ddoescindy but things are new every day and somethings I never heard of and you did great research....

chrissanne
  • 02-13-2012 4:02 PM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 02-22-2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

' Ain't none a ya got no fetchens!  Shor is glad I come here ta help you uns!  Gonna half ta straighten this out wif my superior ways.  LOL!

Thank goodness at least one of us had cousins who introduced them to a milk fight!  You know, that wonderful sport where you each get a cow, grab a teat and try to hit your opponent with a shot of milk.  What?  You say city kids don't do this?

This isn't an ingredient problem, it is a grammar problem.  When someone notes a particular cheese as lamb 's cheese, they do not mean cheese made from milk from a lamb.

That would be like saying Teresa's house is from Teresa.  The apostrophe s means: The house possessed by Teresa.  With this in mind, I'm pretty sure that what they mean is the milk possessed by a lamb (or should have been) which would mean the milk that could be harvested soon after the lamb was weaned.

Guess that means you are all right.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • 02-13-2012 4:08 PM In reply to

I contacted the farm that Cindy posted a link to on another thread and private message. They just got back to me. I asked additional questions and will post the answers when they have answered back to me.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us