Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Glad Ovenwear

Last post 02-03-2012 9:10 PM by Brandy. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2012 4:52 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Glad Ovenwear

Has anyone tried the containers from Glad that can be used in the oven and freezer? I see some reviews on Amazon that the covers don't seal well, that would be disappointing for a container that seems perfect for make ahead cooks.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 02-03-2012 8:45 PM In reply to

Re: Glad Ovenwear

Interesting! I have not tried before. I had not heard of these until now. I went to Amazon, looks like they sell for about 5 bucks a piece...Not sure if I would want to spend that on something like Gladware when I could package up a lot cheaper. Those foil tin trays go into the oven and can go into the freezer... can be bought in 2 packs at the dollar store... much cheaper... Neat idea for Glad though. Let us know if you try them and how you like them?

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • 02-03-2012 9:07 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

BargainBinge:
    can be bought in 2 packs at the dollar store... much cheaper...

Yes they are cheaper but how long do they keep foods fresh? Do you have to recover them in plastic wrap, foil or something else?

There are some reviewers who are saying they have had to tape the cover on to keep it sealed. If you have to add packaging to Glad's product, I am not sure how much better than they would be than your solution of the foil trays except they sound sturdier for reuse.

• 02-03-2012 9:10 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Posts 25,145

BargainBinge:
    can be bought in 2 packs at the dollar store

Oh I forgot to give you a tip..watch Big Lots and other discount stores near Thanksgiving and Christmas. These are hot times for use of these products and stores stock then put them on sale. The discount places can have even deeper clearances. I have bought them for less than a $1 on these sales.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us