Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Buying Paper Products

Last post Sat, Feb 11 2012 1:12 PM by BargainBinge. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 2 2012 10:25 AM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Buying Paper Products

Do you watch those prices on packs of toilet paper and paper towel? It can be confusing with varying sizes of packages and those darn double rolls that are like having more rolls (so they say).

Where do you find the best deals?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Thu, Feb 2 2012 10:32 AM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Re: Buying Paper Products

Most of the time Walgreens. Hopefully with a coupon ! A few times at the salvage store but not often. The price has gone up a lot over the last year.  I m not sure about those double rolls if they really are a good deal, Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Thu, Feb 2 2012 10:53 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

I am finding the best prices at Walgreens and the grocery store sales.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Thu, Feb 2 2012 12:17 PM In reply to

We go through a lot of tp in our house. I usually buy it at Walmart. Sometimes with a coupon. I recently bought some at CVS it was on special using their discount card and I had a coupon so I got a good deal. Toilet paper prices are outrageous.
    Riley
  • Thu, Feb 2 2012 2:13 PM In reply to

I usually buy toilet paper and kitchen towels from Pharmasave when they are on sale.  The double rolls have 280 sheets per roll and are in a package of 8 double rolls for $3.99.  This is a good deal, regular price is $4.99.  The kitchen towels can go on for .69c each a double roll.  When I had money I liked to buy Bounty kitchen towels as they do mopup stuff/spills better.  At the moment I just get the cheapest kitchen towels and when there is not enough money for them, I go without.  I do prefer using kitchen towels though mainly for the hygenic angle.  Save on Foods had Purex 12 double roll package of toilet rolls on for $7.99 a week and  a half ago and I had a $1.00 coupon so I got those instead of the Pharmasave ones.  Very rare to have a coupon for toilet paper any more though.

Sally.

• Thu, Feb 2 2012 2:37 PM In reply to

It amazes me to see the price differences in products bought in Canada compared to here in the U.S. I can get toilet paper here for around $6 bucks for the 12pack double roll. We don't use many paper towels maybe a roll a month. I have a drawer full of kitchen towels and we use those and then throw them in the washer.
    Riley
  • Thu, Feb 2 2012 5:07 PM In reply to

I do pretty well with grocery store sales (and coupons) for TP and paper towels (trying to cut down on the towel use).  For tissues, I bought a case of the Kirkland brand at Costco ... came out to be a good price once I did the math.

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
  • Thu, Feb 2 2012 8:15 PM In reply to

• rolo
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 4 2007
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,932

Compare the price per square foot--it is a REAL eye opener!  We found a good deal (for us--we don't coupon) at Walmart.com.  We purchase $45 of grocery/household products and they ship it free to our door.  Works for us as the big box stores are a 50++ mile round trip.  

Scott Extra Soft 24 pk. Double Roll: 861.6 sq. ft. for $10.98 plus our 6% sales tax. 

The identical package at our local (7 miles away in town) Spartan store is $14.98 plus the 6% sales tax.This is the "new" cushy plush THICK Scott, not the tissue paper thin "original" Scott toilet paper.

Link:  http://www.walmart.com/ip/SCOTT-EXTRA-SOFT-24PK-DOUBLE-ROLL/14977300

As for paper towels, we don't buy them so I wouldn't know what a good bargain price is for that. 

Lorrie

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." ~~ Dalai Lama XIV -

• Thu, Feb 2 2012 8:20 PM In reply to

My husband made the mistake one day of bringing home the Scott tp that is paper thin and the first time my son used it he came out of the bathroom, looks at his dad and asks what did we do that was so bad that we are using prison issue tp. Needless to say I went and bought more tp the next day. The good thing it was only a 4 pack of Scott's.
    Riley
  • Thu, Feb 2 2012 8:25 PM In reply to

The t.p. is dh's 'thing' so he picks it out, prices, and buys it.  It's one of the few things we buy that is name-brand and frankly it drives me nuts to pay all that money for something that....well, you get the idea.  Also, when t.p. runs $8.00 - $12.00 a pack, couldn't they be a little more generous with their coupons than the measly .25 cents or so that we get in the mail??  Not even worth cutting out, IMO.  Off my soapbox now...Liz.

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us