Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

When It's Cold..

Last post 02-02-2012 12:04 AM by Kassy. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2012 8:49 PM

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

When It's Cold..

I love spring and fall because the days are sunny with breezes. It's a beautiful time but winter is dreary, wet and cold. I usually end up stuck inside and the kids get bored while I get unmotivated and melancholy.

I pushed myself to do some projects on fair days this year and it helped. I also did more reading.

What do you do to beat winter blues?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 01-31-2012 10:08 PM In reply to

Re: When It's Cold..

When it gets foggy here and we don't see the sun for days my husband and I will take a drive up to the mountains above the fog line. We window shop and go thru the antique shops (we don't buy anything) then sometimes we will get lunch. We also take a picnic lunch and go for a drive along the coast. Sometimes we will go to a flea market and just wander around.
    Riley
  • 02-01-2012 5:27 PM In reply to

What about going for a bike ride on days when it's not too cold. The kids will get some exercise and maybe a little sun too. Or maybe just a short walk it will help everyone's mood not to be stuck in the house. Even a few minutes in the sun can boost your mood.
    Riley
  • 02-01-2012 6:29 PM In reply to

This year has been really hard, no snow so cant go sleding or use snow shoes.  It has been lousy weather all winter.  The ponds havent frozen enough to go ice skating or ice fishing.   The sidewalks and roads are icy and lots of holes from the freezing and thawing.  NOrmally, we have a lot of snow and it is fun to go out and just be in the snow.  Babs
    Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 02-01-2012 11:52 PM In reply to

Bikke riding will be the happiest mooment.
  • 02-02-2012 12:04 AM In reply to

I love winter! Snuggling in with a  fire in the fireplace, a good book or knitting project, or decluttering project. I have to admit tho that we are in retirement so no restless kids around! Most days we have activities such as volunteering, walking an hour, power napping :), lunch with friends, movie now and then, etc..Then there is Valentines Day and my birthday to celebrate!

Days are now getting longer so more sunshine, although we have had zillions of sunny days which lift the spirits. Also, a very mild winter.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us