Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

dijon mustard roasted potatoes

Last post Tue, Mar 6 2012 8:57 PM by Cheryl. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 31 2012 12:04 AM

dijon mustard roasted potatoes

Just found this so here we go????????????

2 pounds yukon gold quartered

2-or 3 small onions quartered or shallets

4 or 5 minced garlic

2Tbsp digon mustard

3 tbsp olive oil

2 tbsp dried herbs like parsely,rosemerry or thym

1 tsp salt

2 tsp pepper

Preheat oven 425 degrees

In a oven safe pan add the potatoes, shellots and garlic. Mix in the mustarted,olive oil salt pepper and herbs. Bake for 45 mintes to an hour. To brown evenly,toss mixture on every 15 to 20 minutes or so with a metal spatula.

Serves 4 to 6

total tie 50 to 70 minutes

P.s bake until rroasted up and a brown color to it make sure it tender ... Taste good with chicken or turkey this is a good change from other potatoes so injoy.

chrissanne
  • Tue, Jan 31 2012 12:16 AM In reply to

Re: dijon mustard roasted potatoes

Those sound really good. I will have to give it a try really soon. We love dijon mustard.
    Riley
  • Tue, Jan 31 2012 6:04 AM In reply to

Sissy thanks for the share my friend and swish sis... I'm reading this and thinking how this dish would taste even better as cold leftovers and like a dijon potato salad!!!

It would also pair nice in your deli with a half grilled chicken sandwich, small spinach salad with cranberries and side of warn dijon potatoes.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Tue, Jan 31 2012 7:23 PM In reply to

Bing and riley anything goes with this recipe sissy likes her turkey and chicken some people like thier pork with it me its just chicken it goes good wirhSALAD...

Hey its easy hard to screw up for me and its easy.

• Tue, Jan 31 2012 10:32 PM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

DH really enjoys roasted potatoes and this sounds like a great one to provide him with some variety.  Thanks for sharing.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • Thu, Feb 23 2012 6:44 AM In reply to

Sounds great. Can’t wait to try.

• Tue, Mar 6 2012 8:57 PM In reply to

Sissy,

I changed this recipe a little but followed it as a guideline for a side dish. I used 1 lb of carrots and 2 fennel bulbs, left the shallots, and several garlic cloves whole, used a little less olive oil and about 4TB of dijon. Instead of dried herbs I used fresh dill after they came out of the oven. Oh man was it good! Really a bright flavored side, went well with the heavier entree like I was hoping it would. Thanks for sharing this!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us