Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Mardi Gras Plans

Last post Tue, Feb 21 2012 9:26 AM by Brandy. 30 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 18 2012 10:27 PM In reply to

Re: Mardi Gras Plans

Are you kidding cindy didn't want to come I tried dad tried and mom tried talking her into it she says no party for anything she doesn't want to go she said she kick the parents out and she can have the house to herself with her dogs she has been doing that when she bows out she is not going much to places she likes it where she is at this year home I don't understand this myself...

chrissanne
  • Sat, Feb 18 2012 11:09 PM In reply to

Swish, okay so that makes sense. She will love her time alone at home I just don't see how she could pass up your mighty fine cookin' Please make sure you pack her up a Cindy-bag of leftovers! She can enjoy your delights this way. Come to think of it honey it will be nice for you to get some one on one time with the parents and Cindy some sacred alone space with the dogs. We all know she needs and appreciates it. Will your bf be attending??? meet the parents style???

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Sun, Feb 19 2012 12:08 AM In reply to

Yes he is finally bf will meet up with them then dad does the 20 questions on him this part I do feel sorry for him...lol

And cindy will get the left overs she likes that while watching her cook shows which she does she likes the program mad hungry watch's that alot and she cooks really good but dad is out of the house he gets a good meal when he is home she says I don't know what is in it ask mom....

Works every time by the way thanks again for the breakfast egg thingie and the thia chicken recipe it was a hit with the bf ..

And one of these days make a cook book bet it be a hit...

chrissanne
  • Sun, Feb 19 2012 9:41 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

BargainBinge:
    if you make it again

I will be  but I will have to tinker with it to get it right again. Once I have, I'll share.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Sun, Feb 19 2012 2:50 PM In reply to

Let us know when you are done tineriing this sounds like a plan in action for brandy

chrissanne
  • Mon, Feb 20 2012 8:53 PM In reply to

Sis you have mom and dad for a few hours that means I get to place bob sagar on high valume dancing in my shorts with thebroom as a guitar slidding around on socks singing old time rock and roll...ROCK  ON sorry folks Im a dye hard rock and roller from the 70's.

• Mon, Feb 20 2012 8:58 PM In reply to

Change of plans but in a very good way.. I'm hosting a real FAT Tuesday Feast tomorrow so I will have to start prepping early in order to get things done on time tomorrow. Menu has been specially revamped and has us all drooling at the chops in eager anticipation lol 5 course pre fix meal and a special key lime pie from Marie Calender's...this is going to be some gooooooood stuff and the overall feast is a real splurge. Why not top the food coma off with some fersh key lime pie called in that morning to pick up that day? Cajun chowdown, be there or be square.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." ~Chinese Proverb~
  • Mon, Feb 20 2012 9:00 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

BargainBinge:
    Menu has been specially revamped

What are you serving?

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Mon, Feb 20 2012 9:49 PM In reply to

Brandy, I have it all laid out in a word document for the invitation copy earlier but Stretcher doesn't allow the formating and it's a lot to type out so I will post details on the dinner forum tomorrow and leav eyou with a quick version...5 course, small plate style

1. Creole eggs - think deviled eggs with red pepper relish/creole spices
    2. Candied (honey/cinnamon/sugar) fresh cut nectar and pecan salad with spring greens, garden herb and white peach balsamic drizzle
    3. Homemade slow cooker crazy craving crab and corn chowder - the best ever, can't wait
    4. Apple-Gouda-Shrimp-Chicken Sausage-Veggie Cajun Casserole w/whole grain penne or veggie spirals and cajun alfredo cream sauce... I bought collard greens today to sautee w/carmelized onions
    5. Key lime pie served way later

Will be a lot of work but worth it. Courses stretched out and served small plate style anyways.

What free fish did you get? what coating will you be using to fry your fish and shrimp?

• Mon, Feb 20 2012 9:49 PM In reply to

BargainBinge:

Change of plans but in a very good way.. I'm hosting a real FAT Tuesday Feast tomorrow so I will have to start prepping early in order to get things done on time tomorrow. Menu has been specially revamped and has us all drooling at the chops in eager anticipation lol 5 course pre fix meal and a special key lime pie from Marie Calender's...this is going to be some gooooooood stuff and the overall feast is a real splurge. Why not top the food coma off with some fersh key lime pie called in that morning to pick up that day? Cajun chowdown, be there or be square.

totally yummmie

chrissanne
Page 3 of 4 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us